2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 7237 mi on Mobil 1 5w-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
GEN38-E-I-436368-Sev1-001.jpg

PP would be a lateral move. PUP and M1 EP would be a step up. If needed at all.

Last edited:
Boron levels slightly low for this lube with 108ppm boron. Does fuel eat boron? Polaris fuel dilution comment speaks directly to forced induction, but carburated engined from 60's and 70's did last a long time. Compared to EFI, how long should a late model twin turbo'd direct injected passenger car engine last?

Keep in mind this is the Genesis Sedan 3.8 V6. So not R spec and no turbos.
It has QSUD in it now and will go to PP/PU on next change. All my M1 that I got on sale is gone

......"All my M1 that I got on sale is gone".

^^^^^Best statement in the thread---

Seriously, I think you'll see better overall results with wither the QS you are using or, the PPPU you plan on using

Originally Posted By: steve20

Seriously, I think you'll see better overall results with wither the QS you are using or, the PPPU you plan on using

Why is that?

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: steve20

Why is that?

From all the UOA's on regular Mobile 1 on here, I am going to assume that some do not like it due to higher levels of iron in the UOA's versus other motor oils. Not sure I can argue with it and not sure it even matters that much, just stating what the trend has been with this oil with much user info on here. It has been enough to persuade me not to use it with all the other options we have for the same price or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back