Bumped my Falcon :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep it would be a write off without doubt. Even though I have personally insured it for $4,000 which is how much I paid for it a few years ago. It still only costs me $43 a month to insure it at $4k so it will stay that way haha It would be worth $1-2k now or about $500-1000 with the damage
frown.gif

Wouldn't be an insurance job but I might have to ring my uncle who is an absolute wizard with body work and spraying and spent half his life bringing back absolute wrecks from the dead!

Nice Falcon, sorry for your bad luck there.
If you want it to be done right you need to
get a professional with good credentials and
get customer referrals too!

That Holden Caprice is interesting, is that
a sister car to the Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
from the mid-late 90s?

If your uncle is a good 'beater and is willing to tackle it, I say go for it! If you've got another car you can use, he can take his time and do a really top notch job.

I can't believe it costs you 500 bucks a year to insure the Falc, that's nuts! The one benefit of being 40 I guess, insurance costs have dropped considerably...I pay only about an extra $100 more than you do to fully cover my $40,000 Mazda. But when I was in my 20's, I never insured my motorbikes, they were wanting 2 grand to cover me back then, no way could I afford that! Luckily, never had a crash...

Did the HiLux tray score any damage from this?

I will have a word with him about it
smile.gif

And $500 a year is amazing!
Back in the UK I tried getting insured on a 1.0 litre Citroen Saxo worth £400 and it would have cost me way over £4,000 ($7,000) a year. That's the going rate if you're young and some companies quoted me upwards of £13,000!!! This is a place where the going wage was £6 an hour and fuel costs £1.40 ($2.60) per litre! I wasn't allowed to be insured on my mum's Astra because it had a 1.6 engine that was 'too big'! It was impossible to drive over there.
Yet I move over here, get a big 4 litre sedan, insure it for $4,000 and it costs me $500 (£270) a year to insure, I'm on $25 an hour doing the same job and fuel is a third of the price! Oh the freedoms over here, Aussies have no idea how lucky they are! And now I'm a lucky one too!

Also no there wasn't much damage to the tray at all, only it spun the ute out by about 5 metres!

May I add I backed into the Hilux, not into my car in the Hilux like it says in the original post. No idea why I put that haha must have got my words mixed up or been in shock! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back