Quantum Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: uRabbit
I also don't want [censored] oil.
wink.gif

Eh? Same oil you buy at autoparts stores.

Big oil corporations are willing to water down their products to meet Walmart pricing structure to tarnish their brands ?

They want Walmart to carry their products but they are not so desperate.

I'll usually change the oil in a car after driving it home from work or after Saturday shopping and errands.
It typically takes no more than thirty minutes at a liesurely pace.
If the weather is good, my wife and I will chat while I do the deed.
We might have a glass of wine while I work.
I don't think you'll save any time having oil changes done.
You could certainly save some money by either shopping Walmart for oil or watching for the oil change specials the parts chains are always running.
I can do M1 for ten bucks a jug after MIR and other quality synthetic oils like PP, Ultra or QSUD for even less, sometimes even coming out a buck or two ahead by stacking deals.
You could even build a demi-stash and have a stock of good synthetic oils for an average price of well under two bucks a quart and a stash of filters at any price tier you want. You can stack deals with MIRs and get Fram Ultras for less than six bucks each, for example. I've bought four of them that way.
Do the job yourself and you can do it right and do it cheap. It's pretty quick as well.

I'm going to get Pennzoil's Ultra Platinum (will have to order on eBay for $7.50/qt. as no one has it around here), along with the HE filter.

I drive an '06 Scion xB, and this is the first oil change on it that we will be doing. Suggested oil is 5w30. Was thinking of Pennzoil's 0w20 (they don't have a 0w30), but I can't find info on switching viscosities.

Would this be an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back