Just to Confirm-PF63 is now going to ecore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you mean "tout"

I stick to very small engines; the engine would stall if it tried to blow out a filter.

Last edited:
From the article:
"The new filters’ improved performance comes from a revised bypass valve design that features a compression spring loaded nylon poppet that outperforms the current filter."

So did the old design have a combo ADBV/bypass valve?

What was the AC Delco filter number that blew up the Car & Driver C7 Stingray?

Update - the C7 Stingray uses a PF64 ... unknown if the PF63 and PF64 have the same construction or not.

I guess I missed something about e-cores along the way. The press release says the filter media is not potted with adhesive. How are they attached to the cardboard--oops, I mean FIBER end caps? Gorilla tape? Vulcan mind meld?

I'd even take a Fram Ultra over an e-core!
grin2.gif

I guess I'll go back to Walmart and stock up on the remaining PF63. I just bought a 2013 Chevy Impala which uses this filter. I'm not real crazy about the ecore - admittedly that is from what I've read and seen on here, but frankly it just doesn't give me the "warm fuzzies."
smile.gif

Either that or go with an Ultra filter or Napa Gold. Right now it has a Napa Silver on it (the oil was just changed by a non - GM dealership).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tightwad
I guess I missed something about e-cores along the way. The press release says the filter media is not potted with adhesive. How are they attached to the cardboard--oops, I mean FIBER end caps? Gorilla tape? Vulcan mind meld?

They are probably eliminating the end caps and sealing the ends of each pleat, like the made in Thialand Denso Toyota filters are designed.

Originally Posted By: tightwad
Glued on like an Extra Guard.

I took a look inside some PF47E 's today ... most of them looked good but one of them you could see the media was flat against the cage inside for about 1/4" or so ..... pretty sure that one would blow out
frown.gif

i'm not totally against ecores though because you can at least see the media inside lol

Some like the e-core filters, although for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would run the cheap constructed e-core Delcos when you have so many choices of filters out there. My local Walmart sells the PF63 oil filter for $7.97 and the Fram Ultra for a dollar and change more. It's a no brainer! Fram Ultra all the way. It's peace of mind not to have to worry about the media tearing apart and ending up anywhere where it's not supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back