JIS nuts and bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Escondido ,CA.(southern California) and I just can't seem to find anywhere except mail order or a dealership that carries JIS nuts and bolts. What does everyone else do? Do you just put a nut with a 13mm head on a Japanese car?
I gave up finally and ordered $140 of 6mm,8mm,10mm,and 12mm plain ,lock , and flanged lock nuts off fleabay.
Maybe this isn't a worry for most but it just goes against everything to use DIN where JIS was used. End rant

Just out of curiosity I checked my favorite supplier I use at work; McMaster-Carr. They have a bunch of JIS rated hardware. You just go into the Narrow By box, Specifications Met and select JIS. McMaster is easy to order from and we usually get stuff from them on the next day.

Are you talking true JIS, like pre'67 Honda?

For ISO metric I buy mail-order or head up to Berg Hardware in Pasadena. Sadly, I found out they are closed now.

Sorry you had to she'll out all that dough.

I once bought a $20 Hozan JIS screwdriver. It fit and unscrewed a carb screw on an ATF, that none of my 18 screwdrivers I bought for $20 at sears.

A weird note, I got a pack of four precision JIS screwdrivers made in the USofA.

Originally Posted By: spackard
Are you talking true JIS, like pre'67 Honda?

For ISO metric I buy mail-order or head up to Berg Hardware in Pasadena. Sadly, I found out they are closed now.

I was wondering that myself, are Japanese mfr's not all using ISO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back