My last three HM ocis observations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last three ocis I've been experimenting with HM oils to see which one runs the best in the taurus. 1st oci I ran Maxlife, 2nd oci was PHM and lastly the most recent fill was MSHM. All were run about 3k due to a possible coolant leak. To my surprise MSHM was the most quiet and smoothest running oil. I thought it was just me but the fiancé even commented on how smooth the car was running and she didn't know about the oci I did a while back. I know some people have said this about MS before but I never would have believed one oil "runs better" than another.

I'll be sticking with MSHM from here on out.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Maxlife = Valvoline, P = Pennzoil, MS = ?

Likely Mobil Super High Mileage...

I used MS5k when I was doing a short OCI w/conventional oil. Was very quiet/smooth in my car. Not the smoothest, but it was up there.

Originally Posted By: gold01ca
Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
The acronyms here have gotten a little OOC [out of control]

+1

Agree!!

X a dozen! Takes a while to decode...

Hello, YGIAW (You Got It All Wrong)
TLAs (Three Letter Abbreviations) have GOOH (Gotten Out Of Hand)
MTE (Make The Effort) to STO (Spell Things Out)
for DLM (Dopes Like Me). Kira

I had a difficult time trying to decode certain oils, I've gotten a hang of it somewhat.

Reminds me of the first time I saw W--T--F written.
Not knowing what it was all I could think of was "Water Tastes Funny ?"
Boy was I wayyyy off track.

Last edited:
There is a sticky at the topic of this forum... thanks for derailing the thread though!

There is a sticky, but I can't find MSHM in any of the multiple pages. Like 2010_FX4, I will also have to assume that you are referring to Mobil Super High Mileage. You may want to rethink how this thread became derailed. Unwilling to clarify and making inappropriate references...

Originally Posted By: GMorg
There is a sticky, but I can't find MSHM in any of the multiple pages. Like 2010_FX4, I will also have to assume that you are referring to Mobil Super High Mileage. You may want to rethink how this thread became derailed. Unwilling to clarify and making inappropriate references...

My mistake for not clarifying beyond 2010_fx4, didn't think I needed to on here. Mobil super high mileage. However many comments about acronyms was not what this thread was about or needed. Inappropriate? Lol (laugh out loud)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back