What Gas Has Most Additves ** DETERGENTS**

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT ALL GAS THE SAME

I came across a video on you tube and it talked about how not all 87 Octane Regular Un-Leaded gas are the same.. It took samples from Exxon and Marathon and Shell and BP ans Speedway and Citgo and look a results.

Here is picture but the video is below..
At least we know EXXON and Mobil are the same and 7/11 Gas is now EXXON...

Looks like Shell / EXXON and BP are the best.. However EXXON has 6.0mg more detergent then Marathon and Citgo and Speedway. So Exxon has 14mg more detergent then citgo and the lower end gas on list

21f0ffk.jpg

also its 100ml test and remember 3785.41ml makes 1 U.S GALLON

So x 3785.41 x 20 and you will see how just how much detergent per gallon and its 75708.2mg per U.S Gallon at least in Exxon gas

and even more math... 453592mg make 1 pound.

Looks like the CITGO Tri-Clean isnt all that great..
However isnt to much detergent mean less gas???
However not sure if this study was done when CITGO added the TRI-Clean.
I remember CITGO started to add that to the pump less then a year ago.

Like for instance if you have to much detergent in the gas then you get less gas?

So what do you think?

To bad all I have is a Citgo Gas Card and its a bussiness card... That means the gas is written off the taxes... or as much as we can .

and IMO Free Gas is the best.....

However when cash comes out of my pocket I use SHELL , the closet exxon or cheveron is a 30 mile drive...

BP is only 9 Miles...
To bad they didnt test HESS gas.. They been around a long time and the area I live is loaded with HESS Gas Stations.

Anyone heard anything about HESS Gas?

Also there is 7/11 I read that is EXXON

7-Eleven signed an agreement with ExxonMobil's retail interests in December 2010 for the acquisition of 183 sites in Florida, This was followed by the acquisition of 51 ExxonMobil sites in North Texas in August 2011

However I wonder who supplies the rest unless there are only 234 7/11 gas stations in the USA ??

2vb52s3.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142
We only have 2 suppliers here. Shell and chevron. Your going to get one or the other no matter where you buy gas.

I get fuel at the shop and go on main st. and maple. Goodspeed fills there tanks? What brand is it?

Originally Posted By: Highline9
We only have 2 suppliers here. Shell and chevron. Your going to get one or the other no matter where you buy gas.

I get fuel at the shop and go on main st. and maple. Goodspeed fills there tanks? What brand is it?

Cheveron...

read

Goodspeed Distributing

Goodspeed Distributing Co., Inc. offers a full line of wholesale and retail motor fuels, lubricating oils, racing products, chemicals, and petroleum handling equipment.

" Click on links below for more on our Information, Product, Offerings and Services". Chevron Lubricants.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Top Tier

www.toptiergas.com

The top 3 mentioned in the video, Exxon/Mobil, Shell, and BP are Top Tier vendors... the other 4 (Speedway, Marathon, Pilot, and Citgo) aren't.

What do you think about 7/11 gas now being EXXON ???

Originally Posted By: Highline9

goodspeed is on I ave and is chevron. Beck oil on Dst is shell

Costco(Kirkland) claims to have 5x the EPA required amount of detergent, and is listed as TOP TIER. I primarily use Costco or Quik Trip which is also a TOP TIER fuel marketer. My preferred gas is Chevron/Texaco but there are none anywhere around me.

I've never had a gas problem on my cars since they went to E10 gas in the early 80's around me. How do you know you need all the detergents?

With respect, the 20mg is per 100ml, not per ml

What is "detergent" a generic thing everyone puts in the gas; One company's detergent could be more effective than another's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I've never had a gas problem on my cars since they went to E10 gas in the early 80's around me. How do you know you need all the detergents?

Or, let's say that the lower end detergency levels are all that's required to maintain injector flow patterns in a regularly used vehicle.
Nothing is then gained with the higher levels of detergency in some brands of gas.
The owner also has the option of using a high PEA additive once each year or so, although I didn't do this with many engines over many years and never had any problems.
It's been my experience that fuel is a generic, fungible product and that buying cheap fuel typically equals buying fresh fuel, although that might not matter either.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
What happened to Mobile premium???? At 3:08 in the video it shows Mobile premium at only 10.6mg
spankme2.gif

I have never seen Mobile gas for sale?

They have Mobil here. Why isn't it the same as Exxon? We don't have Exxon. Recently the two Shell stations I frequent switched to BP. 5 years ago they went from BP to Shell.....

Originally Posted By: mcrn
What happened to Mobile premium???? At 3:08 in the video it shows Mobile premium at only 10.6mg
spankme2.gif

Mobil was the fuel company with the winged horse, Pegasus, as its logo, as Exxon has the tiger. ("Put a Tiger in Your Tank!" was the slogan as far back as the Sixties, when it was still Esso.) Mobil moved out of this market way back in the mid-'90s, I think. Possibly other markets too. I don't recall seeing Mobil stations in CO, or more recently in TX, AR, AL, or TN.

Originally Posted By: David1

So what do you think?

I think that you are quoting a report that is almost 4 years old (May, 2011.) Lots of things have changed since then. BP/Costco/Valero and several others have been blessed by the "Top Tier" Czars. Several others have been shunned and removed from the Czar's list.

No other recent information seems to be out there other then the "Top Tier" list and they test to a standard, not keeping a score card as to who has the "sudziest" RUG, MUG, or PUG.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Originally Posted By: mcrn
spankme2.gif

Mobil was the fuel company with the winged horse, Pegasus, as its logo, as Exxon has the tiger. ("Put a Tiger in Your Tank!" was the slogan as far back as the Sixties, when it was still Esso.) Mobil moved out of this market way back in the mid-'90s, I think. Possibly other markets too. I don't recall seeing Mobil stations in CO, or more recently in TX, AR, AL, or TN.

I was being sarcastic....I have seen plenty of Mobil stations and that is my preferred gas.....just never seen a Mobile station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back