Looking for manual/ info, Load Star Tow dolley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Master Tow knock-off but NOT a master tow.

I dragged a Bonneville home on this thing, first time towing, and the darn u-hooks of the straps came loose. As you'll see from the photo, they use angle iron to secure the straps instead of "rebar" like Master tow. I'm looking for the manual to see if my new, but not original straps, have a wrong hook shape. The car didn't come loose, and I believe in divine intervention.
27.gif

Also there seem to be aftermarket bars welded to my ramps, which bang on the turntable area. Seems like I should get rid of the top bar, but, again, looking for info on this unit.

It's been repainted. Only info badge:

DSC_0017_zps6838a6e9.jpg

Shot of the turntable and hook holder.

DSC_0014_zpsea84c273.jpg

As much as I'd prefer, I can't get the hook under the other side of the angle iron, so it's more naturally following the curve of the tire. This is what I'm left dealing with:

DSC_0013_zpsa5b9db8e.jpg

Close up of bar dinging spot, which could be knocking my strap hooks:

DSC_0016_zps8a5cc613.jpg

Wide shot. Note the uniquely dented front bar:

aDSC_0018_zpsa67cb0ff.jpg

A link to one from a dealer:

http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?120516/C4018/8

The hooks on the straps look like mine, but there aren't bars clumsily welded between the ramps. Hmm.

Again, I believe the company is out of business or ??? as I can't find a pdf of the instructions.

They came with the dolley! Seller was a used car dealer and he had them in a bag. Look on ebay, there's straps there for $30 or so. I kinda wonder who'd buy new straps for a dolly they're going to dump, so I'm concerned they're somehow not the proper fit.

Guy was a real piece of work, he took rusted out Maine cars down to South Carolina to sell at a buy here pay here lot. He brought nice cars back but had the dolly so figured why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back