what to use in 2003 gmc sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a stash of oil for a buck a quart at AZ. mobil one 0w40 euro formula=60quarts and castrol syn blend 10w30=50 quarts. Which one of the oils would you use in the 03 sierra with a 4.8 v8 sitting on 190k.

How cold is it getting at night? If it's dropping under 0 you may want to consider mixing them.

im in the south and it doesn't get below 20 degrees much. hardly ever.

I got alot of 4.8s and 4.3 they love 10w 30 and any 40 weight will work fine . Got a 4.3 with a leaking front cover and got a bunch of max life green in 10 40 a couple years ago and it likes the stuff . Gm 4.8 might be the best light truck engine ever built

well i got a 02 sonoma that my son is getting at age 16. got the 4.3 in it. Will probably get the other oil not used in the fullsize truck with the 4.8.

Originally Posted By: bigdom
Both would be fine, I probably wouldn't mix them but it won't hurt anything

Yep. Either oil will be fine in either truck.

Originally Posted By: jasonal
well i got a 02 sonoma that my son is getting at age 16. got the 4.3 in it. Will probably get the other oil not used in the fullsize truck with the 4.8.

Either or will work. If your hard on it go thicker. If you've got a light foot use the 10w-30.
The euro stuff is one of the best oils on earth. However the LS engines don't need anything high tech.
In my 5.3 and 6.0 I've used 30 and 40 grades and the engine is a bit more responsive with light throttle inputs with the 30 grade. Most won't notice any difference. I do because of how much time I spend behind the wheel.

M1 0W-40 is one of the best engine oils ever formulated. Use it year-round and extend your interval. Use the Casrol in your OPE.

The M1 0W-40 is actually a lighter 40w so it's a great choice. But the Castrol is also.

Remember, the whole family of engines (4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2) are all known to be very easy on oil, so that's not the issue.

Follow the OLM with any high quality synthetic and the engine will outlast the vehicle it's in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back