My New Years Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad one.

I decided to put in some muscle, so two months ago I started hitting the gym.

I thought about losing weight (again) but decided I'd wait a bit longer on that. First time in a few years that I won't try to focus on that.

I did decide to drink less, so I started that trend earlier this week. Will see if I stick to that resolution.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I resolve to live one more year..

You know, for some areas of the country like Ferguson Missouri,or NYC, that could have a deeper meaning. If some people had the mental capacity to comtemplate that, it would be awsome and lifesaving.

I'm in a physical therapy program because I'm defective and it's going to be a pain at the gym where I work out because we will have to put up with the new year's resolution people for at least 2 weeks before they give it up and stay home.

Drink less. I will still have the occasional beer with a meal or a mixed drink. I started last night at a party and had one beer over the whole evening and while I am sure there are a bunch of hungover people out there, I am thankfully not one of them!

I resolve to stop making resolutions since they never seem to last, and to just try and improve myself as much as possible.

Hello, I suggest doing yoga.
We do yoga in a hot room-105ºF-and it feels great.

THEY SAY every mussel and ligament gets stretched. Blood gets pumped all over. Your spine gets more flexible.

THEY SAY glands get squeezed and stimulated. Your appetites become more easily controllable.

Hot yoga centers (many of which were/are called BIKRAM YOGA-after the founder) frequently offer introductory rates for beginners.
The "original" BIKRAM centers give you all the heat. Other locations turn the heat down.
You want it hot. It works. I've been doing it for over 5 years.

NOTE: Many of the BIKRAM centers broke away from that corporation for their own rea$ons. But these centers keep the heat level up.

Try it. I swear to everyone it slows the hands of time. I'd never lie to BITOGers. NAMASTE, Kira

Originally Posted By: supton
Not a bad one.

I decided to put in some muscle, so two months ago I started hitting the gym.

I thought about losing weight (again) but decided I'd wait a bit longer on that. First time in a few years that I won't try to focus on that.

I did decide to drink less, so I started that trend earlier this week. Will see if I stick to that resolution.

I knocked off my nightly beer and went from 225 lbs to 205. Eight minute jog in the am then ride a desk all day.

Picked up some ginger ale as it wasn't the alcohol I was after, just something not sugary to drink.

I gained 14 pounds in just six days, by going to an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana (I ate a ton of food and drank a ton of Pina Coladas!)

I worked out pretty hard to get down below my normal weight before the trip, I was down to 157.1 just before we left, and this morning I was 171.4! I was joking with my wife and kids about my "Punta Cana belly" that I got within 24 hours of arriving there
smile.gif

So my resolution is to go back to eating like I did before, and hitting the gym every single day (like we did before, and while on the trip too actually!) I typically spend about 45 minutes to an hour a day on the treadmill, but I've also added some mild weight training in as well, as building muscle will burn more fat than just cardio alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back