Magneti Marelli Water Pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone ever used or heard of Magneti Marelli water pumps? I believe they're affiliated with Mopar and they have parts for all makes/models and I'm thinking about buying one...Thank's.

They build engines for motorcycles and mopeds to.
They also make turbos, electronic systems, shockabsorbers and everything else that usually goes in to a car.
So they do know what they are doing compared to some noname chinese cheap ****

Originally Posted By: charmer37
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone ever used or heard of Magneti Marelli water pumps? I believe they're affiliated with Mopar and they have parts for all makes/models and I'm thinking about buying one...Thank's.

Fiat owns Chrysler now, Mopar is Chrysler.

So I can see the MM products connection.

Junk.

They made Harley Davidson's injection system before Delphi got the contract.

Volkswagen's Brazilian "Gol" [not Golf] line of cheap cars used to have Magnetti Marelli injection as a cheap alternative to Bosch. Better than Renix, but not at all great either, the Gols tend to rev up to 2,500 rpm all on their own when idling at stoplights.

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327
Junk.

They made Harley Davidson's injection system before Delphi got the contract.

Volkswagen's Brazilian "Gol" [not Golf] line of cheap cars used to have Magnetti Marelli injection as a cheap alternative to Bosch. Better than Renix, but not at all great either, the Gols tend to rev up to 2,500 rpm all on their own when idling at stoplights.

Mercury Marine used them also for a time in some engines, they are the worst injectors in the business.
Before i even try to work on them i tell the customer right up front there is a 50% chance you will need some new ones. The insides shake loose causing electrical shorts.

There's a few quality aftermarket water pumps for Honda/acura vehicles...Aisin,npw and Honda oem, I was curious about other aftermarket water pumps and heard of the name magneti marelli?

Magneti Marelli has a long list of failures..

Edelbrock EFI systems, Junk.
Edelbrock Carburetors, Junk that can be fixed. Only Magneti Marelli can mess up something as simple as a Carter AFB.
80's/90's Jaguar V12 Ignition, Mix with Lucas engine management equals AAA membership.....

Get an Aisin water pump. Much better.

Aisin has a timing belt kit which includes the water pump and everything else, all OE parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back