Trailer wheel bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all: new member asking for advice,re packing bearIngs on fifth wheel. Have some Mystic red tacky grease, is this good bad or care to recommend something else? Thanks to all who respond.

You have to check with the axle manufacturer. There should be a booklet if you bought your trailer new. If not, it's a label on the axles.

Not all grease is compatible.

I would check to see what axle you have. Dexter has a list of approved grease. Some dexter axles don't have to be repacked as often ( Dexter E-Z lube).

Tacky grease doesn't flow very well.Usually you would use a high tack grease in ball joints,tie rods,and bucket pins.

It does have Dexter axles, which are not ezelube. Have washed all old grease out and inspected bearings, looking for the best grease to use, as starting from scratch. Thought there might be a superior grease to replace the factory stuff.

I used Valvoline Ford/Lincoln/Mercury multi-purpose grease in the bearings on my HF folding trailer. Cheap and meets requirements for wheel bearing grease.

The Mystic JT6 high temp NLGI #2 grease would be excellent for your application. I use it in just about everything automotive ie. wheel bearings (including Dexter axles), u-joints, suspension and steering components.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back