Pex ABS speed sensors for Japanese cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt they're made in Germany or Hungary. Probably reboxed from someone else. Does anybody have experience buying a Pex sensor for a Toyota? The one I need would be part #410.229

Standard Motor Products # ALS267
Airtex # 5S6858
Dorman # 970-032

The Beck/Arnley is Chinese, as is the Dorman. SMP is also Chinese despite the eBay description saying made in Japan. I'm actually disappointed that Standard pulled a Beck/Arnley
frown.gif

I know the Toyota OEM sensor to be made in Japan. The aftermarket brands listed above (except Dorman) used to be reboxed OE.

I just though. Airtex is part of Fram. Maybe I could get an answer from Motorking.

I do sometimes wonder how much of a performance difference they can be for a seemingly simple device.

With that said, we just had to order a left-front speed sensor for a 2011 FX35 yesterday - $200!

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
...Usually BA is reboxed OEM?

Not by along shot. They are also reboxing some of the cheapest Chinese junk produced.
I bought a BA thermostat housing for a VW from Rock Auto, there was also a URO part on the same page for half the price.
What was in the BA box? Yep a URO branded piece of junk. I got a CV boot from them and it was an OE VW plastic boot.
In a poor effort to remove the VW logo and part# with a dremel sanding drum they burned almost all the way though the boot.
I'm pretty much done with them.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I do sometimes wonder how much of a performance difference they can be for a seemingly simple device.

With that said, we just had to order a left-front speed sensor for a 2011 FX35 yesterday - $200!

Seemingly simple and actually simple are two different things. I work (sorta) in this industry, and those little sensors are complex affairs.

@supton
and that's why I don't want a Chinese piece of [censored] sensor or maybe over there they call it "ABS censor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back