BMW i8 Emergency Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like hearing the line of "Another reason why it should really be in the shop when..."

Love the concept and exterior design though.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
This is crazy. Why pay huge money for such inconvenience?

My guess is the purchaser will never know the inconvenience of it. Whoever the owner hires to service it will know though.

That's depressing. All of it, from the hood to having to wait for the tank pressure to equalize before the fuel door opens.

this whole car concept goes completely against what BMW was about...being able to do minor service your car when needed (i.e. tool kit in trunk).

Another reason why I'll never waste my money on a car like this

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
this whole car concept goes completely against what BMW was about...being able to do minor service your car when needed (i.e. tool kit in trunk).

Another reason why I'll never waste my money on a car like this

BMW changed from the "ultimate driving machine" to the "mobile Pimp safe" making the cars so secure that the rich people can keep things of great value locked up in the trunk.... BMW is a luxury car company.

That car strikes me as being absurdly fragile. Not a good sign when the emergency door release is a commonly broken part.

So what do you do if the electronics go dead and the windows are up? I'm guessing this car isn't very slim jim friendly given how finicky it is with everything else.

Sometime after the 90s I always felt German cars were built like they were never meant to be worked on or taken apart. My friend and I once tried to do a car stereo install on my friend's 2002 VW Passat. When we tried installing the speakers in the door they were riveted in. I know to drill the rivets out, but why not just use normal screws like everyone else? I guess they never expect anyone to want to take it out.

Plus the 12v "boot-up" battery is under the front hood so hiding the hood latches is one way anyone to damage the hood to change the battery for providing a jumpstart but that warrants a tow to the dealership.

I cant BELIEVE they made the i8, did NOT re-launch the ACTUAL 8-series (glad they didn't butcher it,) and.. still liking the M6 (6 - series) - though they seem to change the engine every year or so. I still remember N54 vs N55 in 3-series. 2007 or so..

BMW. Did you lose your way?

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
BMW has created the "ultimate shop queen".

Again.
smile.gif

12-cyl BMW 760Li was rated as "one of the worst cars"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back