Citgo Supergard 2-Cycle any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ran about 2 quarts of this thru my 1985 Yamaha Tri-Moto 125 still using factory oil injection and seems fine so far but just want to make sure since some people like to bash Citgo. It's JASO FD rated and the only air cooled 2-cycle oil I can find in my area, thanks

The reason some people bash Citgo is not because of their products. It is because of the Venezuelan government politics.

Where are you finding it? I've heard great things about it but I have never seen it for sale in any stores here in Georgia.

If it's JASO FD rated then it doesn't get any better than that for non-racing applications.

It's the same oil as Mystik 2-Cycle Sea and Snow, good oil. I have a hard time finding oil with the Citgo name, look for Mystik or Mercury Marine Quicksilver if you want Citgo.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FastGame
It's the same oil as Mystik 2-Cycle Sea and Snow, good oil. I have a hard time finding oil with the Citgo name, look for Mystik or Mercury Marine Quicksilver if you want Citgo.

+1 same as Mystik Sea&Snow I run a lot of it in my OPE and many around this area run it in snowmobiles. Most Fleet Farms stock it.

Originally Posted By: 65f100
The reason some people bash Citgo is not because of their products. It is because of the Venezuelan government politics.
No worst than Arab oil.

Well I'm glad to know this is good stuff. Hopefully it'll run another 30 years

Lucky you. That's a excellent oil and I wish I could get it easier in the south. I usually buy it by the case and have it shipped in. You wont find a better oil for a better price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back