I don't like the WD-40 lube can

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree I think the new spray tip design is awkward to use and
it delivers too much product compared to the ordinary regular straw in the past. Also the new scent is awful!

That new swivel, connected-straw/nozzle thing doesn't work very well, yes?

I've NEVER been able to use up a whole can of WD-40. About half-way, the can just stops spraying. And not from being clogged either. It must be something about the can where the plastic button fits into.

I wrote WD-40 about this. All I got was an apology and coupons for more WD-40.
33.gif

I'll second the use of Tri-Flow on locks. I had to get the whole house re-keyed a few years ago. I watched the locksmith using Tri-Flow in the locks after he re-assembled them. Now I use Tri-Flow in all my outdoor padlocks.

I always though liquid lube and locks were a no-no.

Last edited:
kinda hard to spray an engine block down for storage, with that WD-40 stupid spray/straw/push button contraption. What were they thinking!!

claim 2000 different uses for the product, but wide coverage is not one of them 2000 Lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buckz6319
I find my self moving away from the new style WD-40 can, with the built in spray tube, and back to another brand that still has the old school spray tip.

thanks, try a bucket with a lid next time and report results.

Like Vern said, get the gallon. It's about twenty bucks and all you need to do it shake it and add to a spray bottle.

I got it to use as a general purpose and also to undercoat the chassis/frame of an automobile.

I bought the wd40 silicone spray that us the straw either extended or not. I have used it sparingly and had it for almost a year and it still does ok.....hopefully it will last and use every last drop.

I will look into this tri flow, but don't recall ever seeing it for sale anywhere.

Originally Posted By: George7941
I am going to be the one exception here - I love the new WD cans!

I can respect that:)
any special reason that you Love the new can?

I haven't had any problems with the new can. There is no risk of the straw falling off. I work outside in the cold a lot and the detachable straws are hard to insert at below freezing temperatures because the plastic receptacle the straw fits into has hardened up. I cannot transport the old style cans with the straw in place.

I like the new cans so much that I am going to convert an empty one into a refillable aerosol can by soldering on a fill valve on to it. The fill valve can be used for both filling up with liquid and for pressurising with compressed air. I have a Milwaukee SureShot aerosol sprayer but dislike its detachable straw.

I see your point...I have family in Wasaga Beach. I know how cold it gets.
thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back