What bike (s) do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Gitane Tour de France, purchased new in 1972.

2. Waterford W-13, one of 19 made, purchased new in 1998.

3. Richard Sachs, made for me in May, 2001.

All three are black.

Originally Posted By: Buckhead55
1. Gitane Tour de France, purchased new in 1972.

2. Waterford W-13, one of 19 made, purchased new in 1998.

3. Richard Sachs, made for me in May, 2001.

All three are black.

HOLD ONTO that #1!!
wink.gif

Is Richard Sachs still in business? If so, is he still based out of Cheshire, CT.??

Yes, I understand that he is still in business. He relocated to Massachusetts several years ago and stopped taking new orders because he had a backlog of five or six years.

2014 Specialized FatBoy Expert:

FatBoyRackS_15NOV14_zpsc2cc6289.jpg

Almost 1,800 miles since I bought it in June - dirt, rock, sand, road, hot, cold, rain and a little snow; it always gets me home, albeit not very quickly
wink.gif

Wife's: 99 schwinn moab (bought new, recently replaced crankset)
Mine: 13 Giant Escape (bought used for $120, needed a new cassette and chain)

Originally Posted By: tgrudzin
Trek 600 Reynolds 531 frame. Only the seat has been changed, all else OEM. One of the two things I own since before I was married.

I never even knew that Trek used Reynolds tubing, as I always thought that they used True Temper when steel tubing was called for.

*Litespeed 29er converted for commuting
*Giant VT2 26"
*Gary Fisher Rig 29er
*Cannondale Super 6
*Trek Project one (no paint, just clearcoat over the carbon) The bike is totally debadged including the wheels - Dura Ace
*A beat up BMX I call the two miler, just for short trips, and it stays outside and the chain is slathered in thick oil and there are zerk fittings for every bearing.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: tgrudzin
Trek 600 Reynolds 531 frame. Only the seat has been changed, all else OEM. One of the two things I own since before I was married.

I never even knew that Trek used Reynolds tubing, as I always thought that they used True Temper when steel tubing was called for.

OLD Trek frames used Reynolds, I worked on a few in my bike mechanic days. Very nice lugged frames.

Rodriguez Adventure touring/gravel bike
-Sram 2 x 10 drivetrain and shifters
IMAG0219_1.jpg

Vassago Bandersnatch 29er
-rigid Surly fork
-RF/Sram/Wolftooth 1 x 10 drivetrain and shifters
Bandersnatch.jpg

I like my bikes simple and carbon free

Last edited:
Rivendell Custom 69cm - 650B x 38mm, brevet bike
Rivendell Redwood 68cm - 700C x 33mm, CX/general purpose
Nishiki Royale - not sure what frame size - 27 x 1 1/4 (ISO 630-32) - in town commuter/beater
Cannondale M500 - bought it new in college 20 years ago - 26x2.1, seldomly ridden
Burley Duet tandem - 700C x 35mm, it's really too small for me and my wife doesn't like riding it
frown.gif

Picked up a new used Specialized HardRock. Weighs half of the old 10 speed Huffy. Aluminum rims and different style of brakes that I must say stop on a dime! Did 850 miles on the old Huffy.. looking forward to commuting on the much better bike! Already outfitted with lights and a .10 rack.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Picked up a new used Specialized HardRock. Weighs half of the old 10 speed Huffy. Aluminum rims and different style of brakes that I must say stop on a dime! Did 850 miles on the old Huffy.. looking forward to commuting on the much better bike! Already outfitted with lights and a .10 rack.

Get a top quality lock or you will lose the bike.

Hate to say but that's kind of a given. But yes I'll have a good lock. I'm keeping the old ten speed in working order for the KCK area. There's much better bikes in the work rack if I store it there, but most likely will be stored in my office.

A friend of mine disguises a good bike for commuting. He covers it in a bad duct/electrical/masking tape job. It adds almost no weight, protects the paint and makes it look [censored]. If he wants to remove the gummy residue, he baby oils it off. You could do the same with plasti-dip.

He does keep it inside at work (and home).
He figures it may prevent him getting mugged for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back