3.8 series III lacrosse engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I changed the thermostat, I opened the petcock to bleed out the air, which some bubbles appeared then were gone, however I never did get the coolant to run out in a straight stream out of the petcock hole even after the thermostat was open and the system was circulating...on my lucerne with a 3.8 after the air is out i get a stream of coolant...on the lacrosse I did not? just wondering

I would let it run for a while and check again. Top off probably will be needed. After that check it again after a few days of normal driving. You should be all set. What kind of antifreeze did you use?

used universal kameleon... the overfill bottle is 3/4 full and the coolant is to the top of the radiator neck..i am just wondering though...the hoses from the engine to the rad is about an ich or so higher on the lacross then the lucerne where it seems to be flatter...maybe the coolant which i can feel circulating thru the very hot hose is not reaching up to the top of the petcock above the therostatt???

There's a bleeder on the thermostat housing. All you gotta do is open that bleeder before you start pouring coolant in. Then as you're pouring the coolant in, the coolant is pushing the air out the bleeder. When you see coolant trickle out of the bleeder, you're done.

thats just it, it never trickled out of the lacrosse , yet its very full and no air pockets, on the other hand the lucerne bleeder hole the coolant streams out..just saying and asking why the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back