Are the new Cherokees any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember there are the Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee , 2 different vehicles. a friend of mine has a new Cherokee with a 4 banger and likes it . I don`t really know anymore than that.

They are selling the [censored] out of them, so someone likes them. I personally like the Chevy Equinox better, but the Cherokee seems nice. Names? Well, that thing just doesn't lime up to the brand, for me. Still, it looks nice and I'm sure it does well what it is designed to do.

People get upset about the name being reused, but also forget Jeep made a full sized Cherokee (with the AMC 401 engine option) back in the day too.

Its a cool name. That's all there is to it.

I bought a 2014 Cherokee Latitude w/ the base 4WD system( Active Drive 1 )and the 3.2L V6 last February. It was an AWESOME vehicle. I had to sell it this past summer due to a family tragedy that caused me financial isues otherwise I would still have it.

I have no idea what the person earlier is talking about when he said they use a ton of gas. Just completely untrue. My V6 Cherokee got the same MPG around town as my 4cyl Patriot did and bested it on the highway. For a CUV with a V6 the MPG is excellent. The 4cyl models do very well too. MPG is not bad at all. I don't know what the heck they are talking about???? I also don't have a clue what the other guy is talking about when he says they have moisture issues with lenses? Never heard even one thing about that while on the KL forums?

Interior room is about the same as it's competition. A little more than some and a little less than others. I found it to be about the same as my Patriot. I am a big guy at 6'3" and 350lbs and I had all the room I could ask for in it. Cargo area is not huge but no CUV has a big cargo area.

The dash/instrument cluster is one of the nicest I have seen. I got the upgraded 8.4 radio w/ Nav and loved it. The seats were very comfy as well. One of the quietest and smoothest driving vehicles I have ever driven. Just effortless to drive them.

Power from the 3.2L is really good. Hit the gas and you get right up and scoot. Towed my boat like it wasn't even there. I did drive a 2.4L 4cyl model and to me that engine is not gutless as some called it. It is more than adequate for the vehicle. I went with the 3.2L mainly for towing reasons. I would have been perfectly happy with a 4cyl model though. I don't go 85 MPH on the highway or drive like I am at a NASCAR event from light to light though. Best bet is to drive both and see for yourself.

In the snow the vehicle rocked! Originally I wanted to get the upgraded 4WD ( Active Drive II ) with the low option. However, I ended up with the base ADI 4WD due to budget constraints. In the end I am glad I saved the money. ADI works great for the average person. Unless you will really do major serious off roading ADI is all anyone needs.

In half a heart beat I would buy a KL Cherokee again. No question. Great vehicle. There have been some transmission issues but they are being resolved. The serious ones seem to all be fixed now. Really what is going on now is a wobble people feel( it is almost like having a wheel out of balance )when shifting at low speeds( usually into 2nd ). It isn't something that will trash the trans but rather it is more an annoyance. Chrysler is working on new programming to deal with it. I think it is actually out now.

Looks are totally subjective and have nothing to do with a vehicle's reliability. I wasn't crazy about them at 1st but they have grown on me.

The new Cherokee is a really nice vehicle. Don't let the anti Chrysler bias in the auto magazines and from people on forums drive you away. Go look at one yourself and see what YOU think. I loved mine as said and thought it was an excellent vehicle. This was mine...

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I bought a 2014 Cherokee Latitude w/ the base 4WD system( Active Drive 1 )and the 3.2L V6 last February. It was an AWESOME vehicle. I had to sell it this past summer due to a family tragedy that caused me financial isues otherwise I would still have it.

I have no idea what the person earlier is talking about when he said they use a ton of gas. Just completely untrue. My V6 Cherokee got the same MPG around town as my 4cyl Patriot did and bested it on the highway. For a CUV with a V6 the MPG is excellent. The 4cyl models do very well too. MPG is not bad at all. I don't know what the heck they are talking about???? I also don't have a clue what the other guy is talking about when he says they have moisture issues with lenses? Never heard even one thing about that while on the KL forums?

Interior room is about the same as it's competition. A little more than some and a little less than others. I found it to be about the same as my Patriot. I am a big guy at 6'3" and 350lbs and I had all the room I could ask for in it. Cargo area is not huge but no CUV has a big cargo area.

The dash/instrument cluster is one of the nicest I have seen. I got the upgraded 8.4 radio w/ Nav and loved it. The seats were very comfy as well. One of the quietest and smoothest driving vehicles I have ever driven. Just effortless to drive them.

Power from the 3.2L is really good. Hit the gas and you get right up and scoot. Towed my boat like it wasn't even there. I did drive a 2.4L 4cyl model and to me that engine is not gutless as some called it. It is more than adequate for the vehicle. I went with the 3.2L mainly for towing reasons. I would have been perfectly happy with a 4cyl model though. I don't go 85 MPH on the highway or drive like I am at a NASCAR event from light to light though. Best bet is to drive both and see for yourself.

In the snow the vehicle rocked! Originally I wanted to get the upgraded 4WD ( Active Drive II ) with the low option. However, I ended up with the base ADI 4WD due to budget constraints. In the end I am glad I saved the money. ADI works great for the average person. Unless you will really do major serious off roading ADI is all anyone needs.

In half a heart beat I would buy a KL Cherokee again. No question. Great vehicle. There have been some transmission issues but they are being resolved. The serious ones seem to all be fixed now. Really what is going on now is a wobble people feel( it is almost like having a wheel out of balance )when shifting at low speeds( usually into 2nd ). It isn't something that will trash the trans but rather it is more an annoyance. Chrysler is working on new programming to deal with it. I think it is actually out now.

Looks are totally subjective and have nothing to do with a vehicle's reliability. I wasn't crazy about them at 1st but they have grown on me.

The new Cherokee is a really nice vehicle. Don't let the anti Chrysler bias in the auto magazines and from people on forums drive you away. Go look at one yourself and see what YOU think. I loved mine as said and thought it was an excellent vehicle. This was mine...

What do you know? You've only owned one. Better to listen to the "experts" who have thoroughly "read tested" the Cherokee!
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back