Castrol Import ATF High Milage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used this stuff and would it be safe to mix with M1 multi vehicle ATF? I've drained and filled the transmission around eight times with the M1. I think I'm going to stay with the M1 but I had the Castrol on hand? They both say Dex IV and below so I figure it will work with the first Toyota in my signature block. It requires Dex III. Where is Castrol Import ATF HM on the food chain of ATFs?

It should be fine. Most transmission fluids seem to be merging toward a Dexron IV type fluid.

If GM had updated its fluid sooner from the Dex3 I do not think we would have seen so many fluids. But since GM was not having trans issues they stuck with theirs and made others come out with more "premium" fluid.

I am currently running this same Castrol Import HM ATF in the Lexus(T-IV or 3309 required) in my signature...2 years now and all is well!
smile.gif

I only do Drain & Refills ~ every 2 yrs!

Prior to that, this Lexus tranny saw mostly Toyota T-IV and recently Castrol IMV ATF. Once(ONLY ONCE) did I use Mobil 1 ATF with LubeGard HFM additive. It was OK too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back