Marine grease in snowmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all --

I saw several threads on here mentioning using marine grease for snowmobiles. I currently have only one grease gun, and would like to use the same grease for all my applications. I have:

• snowmobile: grease the suspension, and it gets cold where we ride (-20 F at least)
  • snowmobile trailer: grease the wheel bearings, again operates in low temperatures
  • boat: grease the tilt/trim mechanism
  • boat trailer: grease the wheel bearings
  • dual-sport motorcycle: grease suspension
  • various other OPE: chassis grease, mostly, not too worried here

I was thinking of using either Amsoil's Water-Resistant synthetic grease, or Mystik's JT-6 Marine grease. You can see the information for the Amsoil grease here, and the information on the Mystik JT-6 marine here (PDF).

Thoughts on either one? Should I avoid this setup entirely?

Thanks!
Andy

Of those 2 I would lean toward the amsoil as you said you want to use in wheel bearings and the mystik says it is not recommended for disc brake wheel bearings while amsoil says may be used in automotive wheel bearings.

Could be amsoil is being very liberal in its usage and mystik more conservative but you want a 1 size fits all and of those 2 amsoil says it may work in all.

EDIT
Also make sure to clean out all the old grease unless you know its compatible with the new stuff. The 2 you linked to are not lithium based like most greases you find in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back