Vehicle maintenance/expense software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using software to track maintenance, repair, fuel etc.?
I'm trialing CARCare, seems decent.
Anyone using this or similar?
Any comments/feedback appreciated!

While I think it would be nice unless you are making a case with the data it is not any more valuable than my spiral notebook.
Once I got my own business I got into the habit of asking what the value of any report was.

I keep track of each vehicle in a separate spiral notebook with receipts stapled in. Works for me. But I am only keeping a historical report. The actual cost savings is in me doing the work myself. Since I am going to do it anyway there is nobody to convince with the data from a report or analysis.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: benjamming
Excel - advantages of s/w over handwritten is the same as any s/w over handwritten: tracking, upcoming, faster, more mobile, etc.

+1 for a spreadsheet. The software is free (Open Office). I throw receipts in a file folder and only track date/mileage and things done on a spreadsheet.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: benjamming
Excel - advantages of s/w over handwritten is the same as any s/w over handwritten: tracking, upcoming, faster, more mobile, etc.

+1 for a spreadsheet. The software is free (Open Office). I throw receipts in a file folder and only track date/mileage and things done on a spreadsheet.

Same here, spreadheet.

I use a Google Doc spreadsheet so I can edit it anywhere. I use Fuelly for tracking fuel use.

I've used Excel spreadsheets to keep copious records for my vehicles for about 20 years. Private buyers of my vehicles usually like it, along with my folder of receipts. Never had to resort to it for a warranty claim though.

I use aCar for my Android phone. Works really well and will export to Excel via CSV files. It's very easy to add fill ups right at the pump for MPG and expenses when they happen.

I used RoadTrip for iOS as well. It is another good program that does the same things.

Thanks for all the input!
I'll continue with the free 30 day trial software and then
make a decision on purchase.

Originally Posted By: gold01ca

I'm trialing CARCare, seems decent.

I've been using CARCare for a few years now, and it's and outstanding software for tracking vehicle maintenance.

I keep the maintenance records for all 4 vehicles, all 3 tractors, and my 757 mower. I don't use a lot of the features, but it works extremely well for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back