Amazon A-Z claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Two months ago I ordered some records on Amazon, but somehow they became lost in transit, because they never arrived, I contacted the seller to track my stuff but got no response, so I put an A-Z claim and the seller contacted me immediately, telling me that he didn't receive my first contact, that I should wait more for my package, but the package is not traceable so nobody knows where it is. But that he will refund me if I withdraw my claim, now he says that he "will not cheat me" but I am a little bit wary.

Amazon has already refunded me the value, so I understand that when I withdraw the claim, they will recharge me only for the seller to refund me again, so I don't know what difference does it make??

What should I do?? should I withdraw the claim as the seller is asking me to do or just forget anything happened
Has anyone had a similar problem??

I thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited:
I wouldn't withdraw a valid claim, just because a guy that wouldn't answer you asks you to....there's too much odd stuff going on with this seller, he needs to be investigated, IMO.

Don't withdraw the claim. Let him deal with Amazon. If he is not reputable, he needs to answer for it. Let them do it. Not your worry or job.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
I wouldn't withdraw a valid claim, just because a guy that wouldn't answer you asks you to....there's too much odd stuff going on with this seller, he needs to be investigated, IMO.

Yep.

You've been refunded. If the product arrives then of course pay for it however the seller is in the wrong here.
Most guys I know with anything for sale on eBay is checking their emails every hour,if they aren't being pushed already,so I'm calling bull on his story.
He was trying to blow you off,hoping you'd go away.
Now it's your turn to blow him off.
If the purchaser isn't important once the cheque clears then neither is the seller til the objects arrive.
Once they arrive send the same single email and see how long it takes him to respond when the tables are turned and you are telling him you'd like to pay him. I'll bet he gets that one.
When doing business online service is absolutely paramount. since there's no face to face involved,you can't read body language,hear how words are expressed etc,so if the service is the only avenue to judge with it better be phenomenal. Otherwise your just another guy in his moms basement sitting half naked in the dark trying to hustle your childhood toys.
So I say what's done is done. Take the money and walk/run. Next time this seller isn't going to blow off the next buyer.
In fact you did him a favour. And taught him a valuable lesson in regards to proper Internet sales etiquette and instilled a sense of urgency into him when it comes to after sales service.
Just because you paid him DOESNT mean it's his money yet.
In fact perhaps you should write him an email explaining that the you feel the lesson you taught him was very important and you feel you should be compensated in some way.
Perhaps inform him that you'd be happy to accept the previously purchased and refunded goods he claims are in transit as payment for the very valuable service you provided him.
See how long it takes him to respond to that.
Who ships goods purchased over the net without tracking info anyway. That's just setting himself up to be ripped off,or a set up for some kind of scam.
Yeah. Forget him. You got your money back.

It's the seller's responsibility to provide "insurance" for freight, either through the post office/ freight company or by self-insurance.

They can't turn around and say (through ebay for example) that since you didn't buy optional insurance, it's on you.

Since you paid with a credit card, it's on them.

Paypal/Ebay and Amazon A-Z add a layer on top of this, even. They probably do this so they don't have to eat credit card charge-backs as well as for the customer service angle.

You made a good faith effort to contact the seller before escalating, it's all you can do. They can pound sand.

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138
I contacted the seller to track my stuff but got no response, so I put an A-Z claim and the seller contacted me immediately, telling me that he didn't receive my first contact, that I should wait more for my package, but the package is not traceable so nobody knows where it is. But that he will refund me if I withdraw my claim, now he says that he "will not cheat me" but I am a little bit wary.

This tells you everything you need to know. The seller is contradicting himself; just let him deal with Amazon.

Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it. He must be really good at it, because somehow, in a simple email, he made me feel sorry for him. But you made me see the right perspective.

I will let amazon deal with that guy, and I will withdraw the claim only if the package eventually arrives. but I don't have any high hopes for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back