Fuchs, motul or pentosin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be changing the manual tranny fluid on my 2010 BMW M3 sometime soon. Fluid is a 75w80 oil. BMW recommends MTF LT 2 but I've also heard that's superseded by MTF LT 5. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these oils (OEM, Motul, or Fuchs)? The tranny seems a bit notchy with the factory fluid The motul is advertised as smoothing shifts so I'm thinking about giving that a try. Any opinions?

All of those are probably fine choices. I would add Redline to the list, look at the respective prices and approvals/meeting specs and decide.

Redline for sure!! use their application chart or call + talk with a real person-tech!! i have used their MT-90 with great results in my VAG cars

Last edited:
Whatever you do make sure the fluid has the correct
GL specification. What does the manual say, I would bet it requires a "GL-4" spec fluid. If it does USE ONLY A GL-4 spec fluid
not one which claims GL-4+, or GL-4/GL-5, they are NOT
acceptable unless the owners manual says so.

I would personally go with Pentosin. MTL 2.

I used Fuchs in my 94 S4. It's $$ but it's top notch. I'm satisfied. Also running Fuchs in my rear diff.

Another vote for Fuchs !
The recommended grade would be Titan Sintofluid 75w-80 which meets the following BMW specifications: BMW 83 22 0 309 031, BMW 83 22 0 403 247, BMW 83 22 7 533 818,BMW 2300 1434 404, BMW 2300 7533 513, BMW 2300 7533 818. IIRC the change/refill capacity is around 2 litres.
I have used Fuchs in all my machinery and found theirs to be really good stuff.
It's also relevant that they are the largest independent lubricant manufacturer in the world and are well place geographically to liaise with the likes of BMW, M-B and VW.
It's also reasonably priced if one shops carefully.

Regards, lim

Last edited:
Redline make the goodness
smile.gif

I'm not on commission, I just believe and trust in their products
http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?product=50204

You'll be amazed at the difference in shift quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back