Heads up Canadians! Castrol GTX 4.4L for $11.88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is not as good as the $1 per quart autozone deal, but it is definitely one of the best i've ever seen in Canada.

Today i saw that Castrol GTX 5W30 4.4L white bottle is $11.88 at Walmart, check your local store.

The Wal Mart in Squamish BC has 5W20, 5W30 and 10W30 all for the same price.
I still have GTX left over from the last Canuck Tire sale.
Two free tires tomorrow from CT. A rock went through the sidewall
on a 265/60/20E on my son's 1500 GMC.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What the heck is up with 4.4 liters?

4.4 liters does not equal 5 quarts.

Umm, why should it equal 5 Quarts? The world is metric if you haven't noticed.

Originally Posted By: Oily_hair
Originally Posted By: dgunay
Well, it is not as good as the $1 per quart autozone deal, but it is definitely one of the best i've ever seen in Canada.

Today i saw that Castrol GTX 5W30 4.4L white bottle is $11.88 at Walmart, check your local store.

This special was already posted in this thread: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3575936/3

Sorry for re-post then, didn't see yours.

Originally Posted By: mlatour
4.65 quarts

You are not supposed to convert that, as metric system is used all over the world except US and UK, so let him do it by himself.

4.65 quarts

You are not supposed to convert it for him, as metric system is used all over the world except US and UK, so let him do it by himself.

The United Kindom isn't metric?
That's interesting.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
4.65 quarts

You are not supposed to convert it for him, as metric system is used all over the world except US and UK, so let him do it by himself.

The United Kindom isn't metric?
That's interesting.

IIRC, they still use both but metric is getting more popular.

they are special bottles made for the sales. Those are the only sizes that we really get a good deal on. I've seen pyb for 9.99 for one of those bottles.

Originally Posted By: abycat

they are special bottles made for the sales. Those are the only sizes that we really get a good deal on. I've seen pyb for 9.99 for one of those bottles.

Special priced Sopus oils come in the 4.73L or 5 qt. bottles. The only ones that I have seen use 4.4L jugs are Castrol and Mobil. Cantire often has Mobil1 specials with the 4.4L jug + a 1L bottle (5.4L) and have gone as low as $29.99. I have also seen Mobil1 jugs with only 4L at WM when on sale....great for my Hyundai which only takes a little more than 3L.

Last edited:

I think I mentioned it in another thread. It's an Imperial Oil thing when it comes to Mobil products. Castrol is distributed by Wakefield, and they do the same thing, especially when it comes to specials, as already mentioned in the thread. GTX is almost always on sale somewhere, and it's usually the 4.4 L jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back