brake pad recommendations for 07 Focus SES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need them yet, just thinking ahead. Car is a '07 Focus SES not driven hard and about 50/50 highway and in-town. Looking for recommendations for pads that don't produce much, if any, dust on the wheels and will last a decent amount of time and are quiet. As I'm the second owner I don't have any info on the present pads (dusty but quiet). Your recommendations will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a good deal on Bendix pads on Amazon, and nice rear shoes cheap that were Wagner Thermoquiet (There are no more top tier shoes anymore for small cars).

Order well in advance on Amazon as sometimes they send a secondary stock out e-mail and could take a month or more to get shoes/drums/pads.

If you want sweet deals on brake components you need to order ahead of time as you may have to wait.

Akebono ProAct Ultra Premium Ceramic are a good choice for your driving paradigm. Akebono is the OEM for a number of car manufacturers. I think Centric also makes top quality brake pads.

I have used Centric Posi Quiet Ceramic pads on a 06 Focus and 05 Odyssey with good results. Also installed Centric rotors at the same time. Nice quality and reasonably priced.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Akebono ProAct Ultra Premium Ceramic are a good choice for your driving paradigm. Akebono is the OEM for a number of car manufacturers. I think Centric also makes top quality brake pads.

Akebono. I agree. My pads on all 3 of my cars.

Hawk here
wink.gif

Another vote for Akebono ProACT. However, there is nothing wrong with Wagner ThermoQuiet and Axxis Deluxe.

There is also the Axxis Ultimate if you're lucky enough to find them.

Also, if you replace the rotors, get the Autopartsouce Premium rotors on eBay. They are made in Brazil and are ready to install without having to clean them off. Made by Fremax, they are also sold under the name VGX Platinum.

I recently put the Raybestos Prof. Grade ceramics on a vehicle and am pleased at cost/performance. Not high-performance enough a vehicle/application to justify the Akebono premium. Found a great deal online and they work great so far.

Last edited:
I run Axxis Ultimates on my DD's, and when those aren't available (like for my truck) I run the XBG's. Don't care about dust, I want the car to actually stop. Temp rating to >1000*F, sometimes minor noise but not usually, and will put you thru the windshield on a good threshold brake. Best street, non-track pad I've ever used. And I've taken them to the track with no issues.

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Hawk Hps pads. Much improved Stopping distance on my Mazda. Check out their website. FWIW

Oldtommy

I've never liked the HPS's. On my BMW's at least I never felt they stopped any better than an OE Jurid or Textar, and fell apart near the end of their life like most Hawk pads do. Love the HP+'s though, and I run HT-10's on my track cars, but.....not a fan of the HPS.

Probably the best pads I have ever used!
smile.gif

Though, I have really like all of the ceramic pads that I have tried...all ceramic:

Satisfied
Bendix
Raybestos
*Centric(dustiest)
WearEver
**Akebono(cleanest)
etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back