Amsoil Signature Vs XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Amsoil XL and I noticed that after 8000km the oil become dark.

I use the Signature Series and the oil becomes dark after 3000km.

I guess that the Signature Series has far more cleaning power then the XL series.

Originally Posted By: Mephy
I tried Amsoil XL and I noticed that after 8000km the oil become dark.

I use the Signature Series and the oil becomes dark after 3000km.

I guess that the Signature Series has far more cleaning power then the XL series.

You know that unless you run the engine under identical operating environments this really isn't anything right.

Yes signature is a top qualitybase stock PAO based oil with also top notch additive package... They put their money into their signature series. It does have more cleaning power than XL OIL... Which would clean out the engine more if not used previously, however the darkness will reduce over time as it removes more easily removed gunk.

Use the signature series oil and run the [censored] out of it, at least 10,000 miles MIN.

The only difference that I can see is that I run XL from June till October Signature from October till now.

Since we still didn't get cold winter here in Canada I do not see to much difference in operating environments.

Anyway between 3000 and 8000 there is 5000 of gap it is a lot.

You haven't shown that the oils darken uniformly as the same level of contaminent is added.

One oil may darken more even tho the level of contamination is identical to the other oil; any conclusions shouldn't be drawn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back