1990 chevrolet camaro 1le on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stumbled across this car and thought I would share. Very interesting way to get this optional performance package.

By the way, all I use now is an iPad, so I don't know how to perform a lot of functions that were simple in a desktop. Like copy and paste, etc

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ebaymotors/1990-Chevrolet-Camaro-IROC-1LE-1-Of-34-Built-Only-123-Actual-Miles-No-Reserve-/201249120988?ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en&ViewItem=&fromMakeTrack=true&item=201249120988&forcev4exp=true

Followed.

1990 1LE

Love. It is a fickle thing and right now I love this car.
I do think it is a bit over priced after seeing one sell at Mecum in the low 20's with similar mileage.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
So clean.

High price, but if the last gasp of cocaine fueled mullets is your style, why not?

The good old days,
laugh.gif

24 years old and only 123 miles. How many oil changes has it had? My guess, probably just 1. While that car is extremely rare, I'm not that sure of the desirability overall. The owner should sell it IMO since the bidding is already over $31k. If he'd have taken $15k in 1990 and put it in a broad stock market mutual fund, he'd be miles ahead of $31k. (prob at least $100k) So even collector cars aren't always a great investment. Yeah, he's had some enjoyment from the car, 100 miles worth...and the ability to show it off to friends and family. I wonder what the insurance bill was?

Only a 305... Sounds better if I say a 5L for some reason.

Boy, when that came out I was just getting into cars, and I have a vague memory of iroc.

I'd wonder how it was stored. The air bag looks very deformed as well as the gauges and other text seems to have a lot of yellowing. Or was that normal for vehicles of this vintage?

Originally Posted By: itguy08
I'd wonder how it was stored. The air bag looks very deformed as well as the gauges and other text seems to have a lot of yellowing. Or was that normal for vehicles of this vintage?

The condition of the paint says indoor storage to me.

Plastics technology was not as good in 1990. They probably had to come up with a plastic that would split easily during an air bag deployment and compromised some longevity in doing so.

That is a great looking car... So rare.. Wonder how many are even still around...

Seems like a lot though, given that a regular Iroc of that era is not worth much.

Interesting to see what it actually goes for!

I've never been that excited about dealing with an older car that's been undriven=lots of storage/maint issues come to mind. The Grand National/GNX cars were also often bought new and 'put away'. I have the '89 Trans Am version with the 1LE and had to deal with the 'floating' dual calipers last year a bit. Luckily, they are apparently Corvette so I had no trouble sourcing parts. I would have thought the 350 rather then 305 in that-and over $35k now-wow.

I'd wonder how it was stored. have a lot of yellowing. Or was that normal for vehicles of this vintage?

It is actually yellow text. That is the correct color.

So clean.

High price, but if the last gasp of cocaine fueled mullets is your style, why not?

I know you are just razzing, but the good ol' boy "mullets" would not have wanted that particular ride due to no t-tops, and no 350.

The showroom stock road racers, and autocrossers on the other hand, would ONLY want that car due to it being the lightest weight/full delete option (you could even opt out of the radio, and AC could not even be ordered with these, as the ad text states!), the upgraded suspension, brakes, racing baffles, alloy drive shaft, and one could only get the manual T-5 with the 305.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
So clean.

I know you are just razzing, but the good ol' boy "mullets" would not have wanted that particular ride due to no t-tops, and no 350.

The showroom stock road racers, and autocrossers on the other hand, would ONLY want that car due to it being the lightest weight/full delete option (you could even opt out of the radio, and AC could not even be ordered with these, as the ad text states!), the upgraded suspension, brakes, racing baffles, alloy drive shaft, and one could only get the manual T-5 with the 305.
wink.gif

Can't delete the radio...that's for playing Scorpions tapes.
grin.gif

We actually had a current gen Camaro customer come in sporting a mullet and wearing a chain with an eagle pendant on it. The legend lives on.

Originally Posted By: supton
Only a 305... Sounds better if I say a 5L for some reason.

Boy, when that came out I was just getting into cars, and I have a vague memory of iroc.

No 5 speed with the 350.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I'd wonder how it was stored. have a lot of yellowing. Or was that normal for vehicles of this vintage?

It is actually yellow text. That is the correct color.

Did not know that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back