KENDALL GT1 5W20 FULL SYNTHETIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros: Solid oil, seems to return good UOAs for a lot of people.

Cons: Can be hard to find consistently, about the same price as any 5 quart jug of a main brand at Walmart.

Hello Lugnut45 here. My post is very sincere. To the brother that is offended that I accidentally used all caps. I do apologize. I am at a funeral home for a fellow Soldier I was stationed with in Desert Storm who lost his battle with cancer. I am sorry I was in a hurry. But the topic was important and I was in a hurry. For when I got done here at funeral home come back and read people's thoughts and suggestions. It is a good way to learn. Sorry again
Lugnut45

Maybe posting from a funeral home is a little disrespectful to your fellow veteran who died of cancer as well as to his family?
WRT the oil, Kendall is as good as anything else you might use.
Even better if you got some for a buck a quart from AZ.
I'd certainly use it.
Where exactly is New Franklin?
We have a Franklin just up the road from us.
Maybe a town founded by those who found Franklin too declasse?

I've used this brand and type, GT1 Full synthetic 5W40 in my VW Passat since June 2004, no issues whatsoever. Excellent stuff, if somewhat hard to source ~ I buy a case each time from a local industrial oil supplier.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Maybe posting from a funeral home is a little disrespectful to your fellow veteran who died of cancer as well as to his family?
WRT the oil, Kendall is as good as anything else you might use.
Even better if you got some for a buck a quart from AZ.
I'd certainly use it.
Where exactly is New Franklin?
We have a Franklin just up the road from us.
Maybe a town founded by those who found Franklin too declasse?

The clearance AZ oil was the syn blend, not the GT-1 full syn. FYI.

Originally Posted By: Lugnut4506
KENDALL GT 1 FULL SYNTHETIC 5W20 WITH LIQUID TITANIUM....IS MY SELECTION FOR MY FORD ESCAPE. HAS ANYONE HEARD GOOD AND BAD OR PRO AND CONS?

All name brands synthetic oils are good, none is bad for 10-12k miles OCI.

Pro: can be bought for less than other name brands synthetic.

Con: Hard to find at any local auto parts stores and/or Walmart.

I've used Kendall oils in several of my current and former vehicles. Always satisfied. If you don't have a local source already, try the Phillips 66 marketer tool to search for distributors in your area:

http://www.phillips66lubricants.com/marketers-distributors/

I buy mine from a wholesaler/retailer in Florida for $4.03 a quart, a bargain. Most distributors will do counter sales on cases of motor oil. At different times in recent years, Autozone and Pep Boys carried Kendall in retail stores. Looks like Autozone will no longer carry it. Bummer. Not sure about Pep Boys.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Caps don't bother me!!!

Me neither but starting a thread from inside a funeral home....
spankme2.gif
C'mon man!!!!

Im around Kendall GT-1 all day long. Its good stuff. I use the synblend. Ive used the full synthetic with no problems at all.

Since you bought a couple of gazillion quarts, I'll defer to your wisdom here.

I am currently running the 0W-20 version in my Explorer and the UOA at 10K looked good. I am on the second run of it, but will be using M1 after this run (simply due to the lack of availability of Kendall and the large stash of M1 that I have). I do not think I have seen a bad UOA of Kendall on the site.

Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Im around Kendall GT-1 all day long. Its good stuff. I use the synblend. Ive used the full synthetic with no problems at all.

You're around Kendall GT-1 all day long where?

Originally Posted By: 6starprez
Originally Posted By: CT8
Caps don't bother me!!!

Me neither but starting a thread from inside a funeral home....
spankme2.gif
C'mon man!!!!
We will all be there sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back