Mazda 6 MT (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the 2.5 liter with the 6-speed MT make it to 60 mph in second gear, or does it require shifting into 3rd? Does anyone know of an rpm/torque/mph chart?

hotwheels

You can find a digital version of the owners manual on Mazda's site and it will have that information in it.

Edit: Maybe not, I think they only show recommended shift points. Try to find a Road and Track or Car and Driver review.

Last edited:
I believe you have to shift into third. This is why the 7.9 0-60 sprint lagged the Accord at 6.7 secs.

Yeah, without looking at the numbers I'm almost sure you'd have to shift into third. The new 3 isn't exactly a 0-60 monster even with the bigger 2.5 engine. The biggest daily driving issues I had with my 2009 3 was the high rpm in 5th gear and the impact of the 17" OEM alloy wheels on the ride quality. My guess is the SkyActiv models ( I drove a 2012 for a week last year ) have a similar gearing even though the trannies are different. I eventually will have a problem with 3000 rpm reached at or before 65 mph and the drone at 70-75 mph...even if it's muted. The new 3s model has the 18" wheel option. I'm sure that will significantly stiffen the ride to the point you might question them being there for a daily driver. With my car, those ended up being more important than the occasional need for a 0-60 run...so whatever model of 3 you're interested in, I would take note to make sure those aspects are in your tolerance range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back