Scangauge II Ultra... oil temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to purchase the Scangauge Ultra with a gift card I got for Christamas... anyways, I love how you can access all the vehicle sensors data through this thing and you can even view codes (and clear them). I know you can view coolant temperature, but I would also like to view engine oil temp, does anyone know whether you can? LMK

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: zpinch
I was going to purchase the Scangauge Ultra with a gift card I got for Christamas... anyways, I love how you can access all the vehicle sensors data through this thing and you can even view codes (and clear them). I know you can view coolant temperature, but I would also like to view engine oil temp, does anyone know whether you can? LMK

Thanks.

What you can/can't read is dependent on the vehicle. I was able to get oil temps on my 2014 GMC Sierra using the X-Gauge commands (http://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/) I had to find the proper code to add the ability to read oil temps.

I purchased a scanguage for my mazda3, hoping to find out oil temp...

it did not display the oil temp, but it had the ability to...

so, i believe it is up to the ecu of your car to transmit the reading, not the gauge.

johnc

Mine doesn't show it, but I am just using it 'out of the box' and I haven't try all the capabilities it has. I do like having the scangauge II for all the cool things it shows.

Normally I have coolant temp, MPG instantaneous, MPG avg, and Throttle Position. Sometimes I change the temp to voltage, but I have a plug in 12V indicator that does the same thing (*sometimes a little different reading).

I have a Scangauge I bought in 2006 It has been in my 1996 Toyota p/u and my wifes 2002 F250 Powerstroke and it works great and I enjoy it.

Okay, well it's going on a 2003 Honda CRV... K24A1 engine, I would think it has oil temp sensor. It sure would be nice to have oil temp, as I would use average MPG, instant MPG, coolant temp, oil temp for the 4 display gauges, at least at first. Pretty cool gadget for your car.

Got mine in 06, Guys FYI there is a firmware update for the older models as well .

Originally Posted By: zpinch
Okay, well it's going on a 2003 Honda CRV... K24A1 engine, I would think it has oil temp sensor. It sure would be nice to have oil temp, as I would use average MPG, instant MPG, coolant temp, oil temp for the 4 display gauges, at least at first. Pretty cool gadget for your car.

It is pretty cool and you can change the display with a touch of a button, at least for the pre-programmed functions.

Somebody (bulldog?) makes a similar type product but with a graphical type display. Cool but costs about 2x as much.

Well, if it could display a lot more functions at once it would be worth it.

Yeah I have seen the bulldog in person, my friend has one in his 6.0 Ford Diesel 3/4 Ton. Nice display, but not a need in my eyes...

If I can at least display oil pressure (if not oil temp) I will be happy too. This will come in handy with my vehicle as I have a remote bypass filter setup.

If your vehicle has an oil temp sensor that the ECU uses for some purpose, then there should be the ability to read it using the scanguage. The trick is finding the right codes.

Both my '04 F150 and '07 Explorer have oil temp sensors in the pan for use in the VCT. Finding the codes took a while!

Originally Posted By: datech
Somebody (bulldog?) makes a similar type product but with a graphical type display. Cool but costs about 2x as much.

DiabloSport makes a Trinity model which has some of the best graphic displays on the market (and is also a {limited} tuner as well), but it costs even more than the BullyDog/Edge/etc.
frown.gif

Well I went and bought the Scangauge II Ultra off Amazon.ca (ships from RV Parts Canada. Was $195 taxes in, minus 150 gift card, so I only paid $45 out of pocket. It will be really nice knowing the instantaneous MPG. Also, even if the 'check engine light' is not on, can there be issue codes that will be brought up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back