VICTORY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings and good day to all in the land of all things "Bitog."

Just came in from changing the oil in the vehicle formerly known as "Thunder the Wonder Pig." While I was at the coffee pot refilling my cup, my wife came to me with a piece of paper in her hand.

"I want you to see this," she said.

I looked. It was the electric bill for the past month.

Keep in mind, we have not been running the heat in these parts, and although today is warm and sunny, we have had frost and 30 degree temps which made the house rather cool. Even so, I was not to be deterred no matter how many coats and sweaters I had to wear.

Keep in mind as well that everything runs on electric power in the GreeCguy household - stove, water heater, dryer - all electric power.

AND we cooked a number of massive dinners for Christmas eve and Christmas day.

You want to know what my power bill was for the past month?

You want to know . . . . .

47 dollars!

I had to dance and sing "Victory is mine, victory is mine!!!"

Forget the coffee, give me a beer!

I had an unusually low electric bill one month and the next month it was much higher. Makes me think my meter was misread.

Cooking keeps the house warm, and the people gathered in the warmest rooms in the house. Makes it pleasant when the energy is going to making yummy food instead of merely heating.

$228 New home with 6" walls/blown in insulation, triple pane windows, electric furnace. We had artic air trapped over the Midwest for ten or more days in November. It was cold. Nebraska only has public power,there are no IOUs. Our power rates are some of the lowest in the country and we have a very reliable transmission system.

Cooking certainly helps, although I think I have moisture problems from it. Maybe making soups all winter is a good thing, run the stove daily in winter to bake something.

Few years back, before they had the second kid, my sister had a $26 power bill over the summer. ( it was an unusually cool month, they didn't "need" to turn the a/c on at all)

My electricity bill is 41 bucks a month.

Not gas bill last month was 82 bucks.
That 82 dollar bill represents many cold drafts and wearing my long johns in the house.
I'm not a greenie environmentalist however I am anti-spending.
So I try to spend less where I can. If it means wearing thicker socks then thicker socks it is.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Greetings and good day to all in the land of all things "Bitog."

Just came in from changing the oil in the vehicle formerly known as "Thunder the Wonder Pig." While I was at the coffee pot refilling my cup, my wife came to me with a piece of paper in her hand.

"I want you to see this," she said.

I looked. It was the electric bill for the past month.

Keep in mind, we have not been running the heat in these parts, and although today is warm and sunny, we have had frost and 30 degree temps which made the house rather cool. Even so, I was not to be deterred no matter how many coats and sweaters I had to wear.

Keep in mind as well that everything runs on electric power in the GreeCguy household - stove, water heater, dryer - all electric power.

AND we cooked a number of massive dinners for Christmas eve and Christmas day.

You want to know what my power bill was for the past month?

You want to know . . . . .

47 dollars!

I had to dance and sing "Victory is mine, victory is mine!!!"

Forget the coffee, give me a beer!

Are you on a "budget plan"??
I believe they reconcile the years payments at year's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back