A big thanks to North Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to thank North Korea for allowing me to see the interview on Christmas day in the comfort of our own home for only 7 bucks.

Do you think they take requests? There are a few coming out I would like to get the same deal.

Although after watching The Interview, I could see the whole thing being a publicity stunt (or honey pot the audience) to test online streaming for the movie to see how much they could make compared to a limited theater release.

I watched it too. Was actually pretty funny.

I laughed at parts of it and the secondary characters made things funny too.

I rarely laugh at comedies anymore, but the way the two guys talk to each other is pretty much how dudes joke around with each other.

Best comedy I have seen in a long time.

Originally Posted By: jmb3675
I would like to thank North Korea for allowing me to see the interview on Christmas day in the comfort of our own home for only 7 bucks.

Do you think they take requests? There are a few coming out I would like to get the same deal.

crackmeup2.gif

Well done!

The only theatre near me shows 1st run movies and I can get a ticket and nachos and cheese along with a drink for $7 . I`ll double check , but I thought they were showing that same movie along with a couple others I would like.

Yep, could be we got honey combed... I mean honey potted. Watched it too, but it was $5.99. Did 6.99 make it in HD? Because @ 5.99 it would only play in 480p.

Originally Posted By: JDW
I would not give them the time of day much less any $

Its the people of NK who are suffering because of a wacko God-like leader. Hate what the leader does, but not the people.

Why is the Dear Leader of NK so chubby and everyone else is skinny?

And you have to give Sony credit for thinking up this crazy scheme once the management saw the film and realized they'd laid an egg instead of creating a hit.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Yep, could be we got honey combed... I mean honey potted. Watched it too, but it was $5.99. Did 6.99 make it in HD? Because @ 5.99 it would only play in 480p.

I rounded up after tax. It was actually $6.42 It was only 480p for me too. I used Youtube. It still looked ok on the 51 inch plasma. My Samsung Blu-ray's browser would not play it though, which was annoying. I did the wireless link from my phone to the Blu-ray to watch it on the tv. I was able to use the Blu-ray remote to pause and rewind though which is cool.

You need to have a approved video card with the proper video cable for the HD to play.
They do this to prevent copying the video.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Why is the Dear Leader of NK so chubby and everyone else is skinny?

And you have to give Sony credit for thinking up this crazy scheme once the management saw the film and realized they'd laid an egg instead of creating a hit.

Since when did making bad movies require hatching a crazy scheme to get people to show up.

Just look @ the receipts for CGI generated stuff that beats you senseless.

I'm surprised I have not heard "they are already talking about The Interview Part II" yet.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The hackers were laid off Sony employees.

Who should be reinstated with big bonuses for making the whole incident pay off for Sony.

^It was a very subtle one. So subtle, I missed it myself. LOL.

I had no desire to see the movie, but now I do because I can stream it.

Though I like watching movies at home, I still enjoy the theatre experience. It's actually gotten better since the chains started making efforts to curb the talking and texting in the auditoriums.

Now, if they could do something about the folks who think it's OK to let their kids run around the theatre...

Note to self, be very careful about the showtimes you attend for family movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back