Can Royal Purple afford it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just now sent off an email to Royal Purple asking them to send me a free sample of Max-Tuff assembly lube 10553 in the 2-ounce bottle. Was that an outlandish request? How could I have the audacity to ask for such a thing you say? I look at this way: the bottle has a retail price of $7.95 which means it costs them substantially less; and it's fairly light and shouldn't cost much to ship. And besides all that, the worse thing that could happen is for them to say no.
grin2.gif

"Dear Royal Purple,

Please send a sample of Royal Purple Max-Tuff 10553.

Thank you so much."
:)

Fair request IMHO when you want to compare products.
When i ask for a sample i want just that a sample not necessarily a whole bottle or whole hide of leather when i want to chose the color or texture.

Would I be out of line if I asked them to send me say 6 quarts of there best 5w30 to try? I think I should go for it!

Like all companies, RP is in the retail business not charity. If I was them, no way would I be sending products out free. Think about it. You just posted this on BITOG with 52000 members. What if they suddenly got hundreds of request for other free stuff. Maybe you could try SOPUS or XM next??
spankme2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
What would one do with this stuff? Use it to rebuild RC engines??
smile.gif

I want to try it in my 3/8 drive ratchet.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
What would one do with this stuff? Use it to rebuild RC engines??
smile.gif

I want to try it in my 3/8 drive ratchet.
smile.gif

Lets start a synthetic vs. conventional argument over which oil to use on a ratchet.
smile.gif

Got my email reply from Royal Purple:

Quote:
Good Morning,

We do not have sample packages to provide. However, this product is readily available online at retailers like Amazon.com.

Best Regards,

Chris in Tech

Sent from mobile phone

Got my email reply from Royal Purple:

Quote:
Good Morning,

We do not have sample packages to provide. However, this product is readily available online at retailers like Amazon.com.

Best Regards,

Chris in Tech

Sent from mobile phone

I think their reply was very helpful. They even directed you to where you can buy it at!

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
I think their reply was very helpful. They even directed you to where you can buy it at!

I already knew I could buy it online. I was just trying to get a free sample to try before buying it. I didn't think shipping a 2-ounce bottle would break the bank, but apparently it will.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne

I already knew I could buy it online. I was just trying to get a free sample to try before buying it. I didn't think shipping a 2-ounce bottle would break the bank, but apparently it will.

That doesn't make logical sense.
If you think it doesn't break their bank, by the same token, it doesn't break your bank to buy 1 quart.
Just be honest and that you're being a cheapskate and it didn't work out. Don't try to disparage them for actually asking money for their product.

It's not like the smallest order is a 55gallon drum...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
That doesn't make logical sense.
If you think it doesn't break their bank, by the same token, it doesn't break your bank to buy 1 quart.
Just be honest and that you're being a cheapskate and it didn't work out. Don't try to disparage them for actually asking money for their product.

It's not like the smallest order is a 55gallon drum...

It makes perfect sense when the product is low cost (under $10) and relatively light in weight. It's good business to give away free samples. Gateway Safety is a perfect example: They've sent me two pairs of safety glasses over the years and they've gained a customer for life.

Its very risky to give away samples of hazardous materials for free. It leaves a ton of room for lawsuits. No oil company with the right business structure will give away hazardous materials as samples.

Originally Posted By: deven
Its very risky to give away samples of hazardous materials for free. It leaves a ton of room for lawsuits. No oil company with the right business structure will give away hazardous materials as samples.

Actually, there are companies that do... Heck, I have even heard of some oil companies shipping out free cases of oil... for some of their hard-to-find products.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Originally Posted By: deven

Actually, there are companies that do... Heck, I have even heard of some oil companies shipping out free cases of oil... for some of their hard-to-find products.

To residential consumers? Never heard of it. Businesses, yes I have heard of that.

Engine assembly lube is a hazardous material?

Yes it is. If it has a MSDS it is considered hazardous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back