Very Interesting Findings on the Cost of Bulk Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

I love doing my own maintenance and repairs. I find it therapeutic and gratifying. Plus, I hate the workmanship of others on my vehicles and will only pay someone to work on our vehicles when absolutely necessary!

^^ well said
thumbsup2.gif
^^

Originally Posted By: Oily_hair
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

I love doing my own maintenance and repairs. I find it therapeutic and gratifying. Plus, I hate the workmanship of others on my vehicles and will only pay someone to work on our vehicles when absolutely necessary!

^^ well said
thumbsup2.gif
^^

+1

That is why I buy my oil in bulk. Better pricing than Wally World, shipped free to my front door, and free oil sample kits and analysis thrown in. But then, i go thru MUCH more oil than the average consumer. My use is business related. I have them throw in a few cases of stuff for my smaller vehicles on a bulk order and get the same low pricing and it shipped free right along with the bulk order.

Originally Posted By: Fordtrucktexan
Edited - just realized this thread was from 2010.

Good catch! This doesn't mean that we have to blow them off but, we certainly need to look at the dates when we reply.
smirk.gif

Much of the difference in the cost of bulk oil involves the savings in packaging cost.
No bottles, no drums, no line to fill them, just a guy with a tank truck and a pump.
We've used plenty of Service Pro oil in our fleet vehicles along with cheap oil filters. This is the kind of thing that fleets typically use.
You'd be surpirsed how clean a 200K engine looks after years of Service Pro oil and jobber oil filters.
If you have a good wrench, as we do, he'll attend to all of those little things that are often the real cause of dirty engines.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Much of the difference in the cost of bulk oil involves the savings in packaging cost.
No bottles, no drums, no line to fill them, just a guy with a tank truck and a pump.
We've used plenty of Service Pro oil in our fleet vehicles along with cheap oil filters. This is the kind of thing that fleets typically use.
You'd be surpirsed how clean a 200K engine looks after years of Service Pro oil and jobber oil filters.
If you have a good wrench, as we do, he'll attend to all of those little things that are often the real cause of dirty engines.
Spot on!! We use Service Pro here,at the Shop. Good Products for the Cost,Great results too.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
You might only get 250K out of your engine, less than you might using an optimal weight, but how many would ever know?
What????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back