Lexus commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the inlaws, so I'm catching up on tv. Which is mostly commercials. But I digress.

Lexus SUV ad was just on, showing off their backup camera, with audible alarm. First example has it beep at the guy in a parking lot who hits the brake and avoids hitting a speeding car. Ok, good use. Second example has it beep at a mom, complete with kids in the car. Because apparently school buses are so hard to avoid.

You'd think it'd be little kids running around, who wouldn't want a feature to prevent that accident, but no, a school bus? Isn't that insinuating something about the capability of your customers?

I drive a school bus for a retirement job, and we have a lot of buses get hit, especially from behind. Our safety guy has a saying: big yellow buses are hard to miss-literally.

Originally Posted By: Inspecktor
I drive a school bus for a retirement job, and we have a lot of buses get hit, especially from behind. Our safety guy has a saying: big yellow buses are hard to miss-literally.
The people are watching their rear view camera or toying with all the buttons do on the instrument panel. Texting or gabbing on the cell phone.

Originally Posted By: supton
At the inlaws, so I'm catching up on tv. Which is mostly commercials. But I digress.

Lexus SUV ad was just on, showing off their backup camera, with audible alarm. First example has it beep at the guy in a parking lot who hits the brake and avoids hitting a speeding car. Ok, good use. Second example has it beep at a mom, complete with kids in the car. Because apparently school buses are so hard to avoid.

You'd think it'd be little kids running around, who wouldn't want a feature to prevent that accident, but no, a school bus? Isn't that insinuating something about the capability of your customers?

The commercial is more insinuating the times we live in. Soccer moms are too busy talking on the phone while telling the kids in the back to quiet and we live in a world where distractions are more prevalent than ever before and Lexus as well as other automobile mfgs are using this to their advantage. I dont blame them one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back