What coolant for a 2004 expedition 5.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2004 Ford expedition xlt 5.4 and want to drain the old coolant. Does this truck need anything special or can I just grab some regular pre mixed green from parts store? 110k on it.

Specs G-05 and that's what I'd use. Readily available in full strength from Zerex or Motorcraft Gold. And relatively reasonably priced for full strength AF. Depending on what you want to do, (system flush or rad d&f) use with distilled water to get your min. 50% concentration.

MotorCraft Gold.
eek.gif

Not everybody carries G-05, but your Ford dealer obviously does, along with NAPA. Some other auto parts stores will be hit-and-miss.

Don't mess around. Use the correct stuff. The risk of problems is not worth the chance. I'd never consider using a universal replacement, I'd go for the real stuff.

The OP just missed out on Zoro free ship, and $12.60/gal. With ship to this area $18.82. Napa ~$17. O'R highest ~$19. Amazon if one has prime $18.28. All full strength prices.

But one should check Ford dealer for MC Gold price.

Sure wouldn't use 2eha All Makes Models Dexclone sold at WM and all parts stores. No no for 4.6, 5.4L.

G-05. Motorcraft Gold, Zerex G-05, or Mopar G-05. All equivalent, except the Mopar is dyed red and the other two are pale yellow (almost clear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back