2000 Saturn Oil Life Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2000 Saturn L-series with the V-6. The odometer doesn't work because of a bad Body Control Module. I haven't had this car very long and I'm wondering if the Oil Life Monitor still works even if the odometer doesn't. Or maybe the bad BCM also affects the OLM?

Is this OLM the same as other GM OLMs?

It's primitive, IIRC doesn't show % remaining, and I wouldn't trust it if your BCM is toast.

Regarding the odometer -- I understand there was a recall for odometer defect in 2000-2002 L-series. If not already done, maybe getting the recall done will bring the odometer function back.

I had a 2000 L200. Worst car I ever bought. EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING went bad in it by 20,000 miles. Thank God for the warranty!

My 2008 Volvo S40 was just as bad now that I think of it. LOL

Wow. My L300 (see signature) is probably the best car I have ever owned. I have had it 11.5 years (bought it new), burns no oil and other than a trans solenoid 25,000 miles ago, car has been trouble free. Still starts like a champ on the coldest days here in Central PA. Love the German made V-6 with the overhead cams. If thatwas the beginning of the end for Saturn, you could not prove it by me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back