Are NJ's Red Light Cameras REALLY off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in, no longer operational. ?

Reason I ask is that I see a LOT more than the number of cameras mentioned whenever new jerseys supposed pilot program is brought up, and I have a hard time believing that they are ALL off...

aae439020229cfc784c25576ca04e1c7.jpg

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Are NJ's Red Light Cameras REALLY off?

Why? Did someone tell you they were supposed to be off?

I don't think that camera in the photo is a "red light" camera. The ones by me are mounted about 50 feet back, from an intersection and you see it flash, even in daytime when it takes a picture of an offending vehicle. I believe that camera in the picture is just watching whats going on in general.,,

GHT?

http://www.photoenforced.com

That doesn't look like an enforcement camera to me, it could be I suppose any suspicious looking nondescript boxes around?

I'm thinking they are going to need a picture of the vehicle in the intersection to issue a ticket.

Last edited:

This isn't a redlight camera.

But, yes they are turned off. No decision has been made yet regarding whether they will come back live or not.

They are supposed to remove all of the redlight camera signs soon.

If even one of those camera's could prevent an accident, I'd be the first to support their use. But the real fact of the matter is , they are just money makers for the towns they are in. Towns that just need money, and decided this is a easy way to get it. What about accidents that occurred at intersections that had the camera installed ?. How did they help anything?.,,

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
GHT?

http://www.photoenforced.com

That doesn't look like an enforcement camera to me, it could be I suppose any suspicious looking nondescript boxes around?

I'm thinking they are going to need a picture of the vehicle in the intersection to issue a ticket.

Unfortunately, slightly incorrect. These long and cylindrical cameras are in fact red light enforcement camerasthey are aimed square at the line and argues to photograph license plates and vehicle position.

I will photograph a half globe camera which is an example of a camera that exist to monitor the area but not specifically enforced traffic laws to vehicles.

Chicago got busted when they said they improved accident statistics when in fact some intersection the rear end collision rate went up 22% due to people slamming on the brakes to avoid a ticket. The whole thing there is involved in fraud and a coupe people have already been sent to prison for bribes.

red+light+camera+or+traffic+camera.png

Originally Posted By: hypervish

This isn't a redlight camera.

But, yes they are turned off. No decision has been made yet regarding whether they will come back live or not.

They are supposed to remove all of the redlight camera signs soon.

It actually is.. that is why they are aimed at a "stopping line" for cars.

Half-globes catch the area. And they also do a bunch of nothing..

If you get one,don't pay it,take it to court as it won't stand up and will get dismissed. At least here in Texas it won't hold up as it isn't issued by a live commissioned peace officer.

Unfortunately, slightly incorrect. These long and cylindrical cameras are in fact red light enforcement cameras they are aimed square at the line and argues to photograph license plates and vehicle position...

Don't think so:

http://www.511nj.org/cameras.aspx?

Try "US 1/9 Tour" - "US 1&9 at NJ 3 Camera #1" or "US 1&9 at NJ 3 Camera #2"

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Unfortunately, slightly incorrect. These long and cylindrical cameras are in fact red light enforcement cameras they are aimed square at the line and argues to photograph license plates and vehicle position...

Don't think so:

http://www.511nj.org/cameras.aspx?

Try "US 1/9 Tour" - "US 1&9 at NJ 3 Camera #1" or "US 1&9 at NJ 3 Camera #2"

Duck, thank you. I appreciate that, but one of the points I'm trying to make in this thread is actually that the municipalities install their own cameras as well from whatever the pilot project was or is. This pic was from Jersey City NJ. ON 1&9.

If those were red light cameras then you wont be seeing screeching halt stops to try to beat the line to avoid the ticket. But we do.

You ARE correct that *not every single camera issues red light violations, and I have included examples of those cameras which are non traffic as well.

Aimed, timed cameras capture plates and location and give tickets. Half globes watch the area.

Want pics of Clinton Ave and MLK Blvd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back