Why is that not a setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive come across one of those issues. Something that should be simple to fix but isnt.
I have two Monitors, initially I had them both connected to my Radeon HD6950 via DVI
But then I wanted to connect the TV in the living room via HDMI.
I found out you can only have two 'legacy' connections at the same time. So I would have to disable one in order to duplicate to the TV.
Legacy meaning anything that isnt Displayport.
So, I thought I would be smart. My newest screen has DP input. I hunted down a MiniDP to DP cable to connect.
In this config, one screen is on DP, the other on DVI leaving one 'legacy' connection available to connect the TV via HDMI.
So I thought.
I can get video, that works perfectly. Can't get audio. I messed with switching the audio in the Sound panel to the AMD device for 15 minutes before I actually read the device I was trying to send it to.
"AMD DP Output"
Sonuva-
Turns out, when multiple audio paths are available via the DP and HDMI outputs, the audio goes to the primary screen. In this case, my monitor connected to the DP. I hunted for some sort of override to no avail.
In order to make this work I would have to switch the primary to the TV or disconnect the DP monitor to force audio to HDMI.
In the end, I just hooked my laptop up to the TV instead.

Just wanted to vent. Everyone can move on. Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back