Kindle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

I am trying to install an application on my Kindle Fire. The file is in the body of an email on my kindle. The email was sent to me by my son who got it off google. when I try to save it and I want to view the location it gives me choices like Kindle,Certification installer, and many more. Bottom line I don't know where to put it let alone how to run it.
This is the app:
Torque (free)_org.prowl.torquefree_1.1.52_302.apk

I could not download it directly from googleplay bc I need to "root" mi kindle which I didn't want to do.

I friggin give up
eek.gif

The app is not going to be the problem. The problem is you cant use your Bluetooth OBDII reader with the kindle fire,it does not support serial port profile( SPP).According to amazon that is a profile not supported, they only use A2DP,HID,OPP, and AVRCP.

Mitch..My son got it working on his Kindle Fire HDX. But thanks. I will see him Sun. Hope it works its great.

Sorry you said Kindle Fire, I have a kindle fire and ELM327 will not work. I do not know about the fire HDX

Originally Posted By: Mitch
Sorry you said Kindle Fire, I have a kindle fire and ELM327 will not work. I do not know about the fire HDX

OK my bad. I have the Kindle fire and my son has the HDX. If anyone can make it work he can. He has been a computer architect for 15 years.

But I have no dout you are probably right..you can't change change hardware..Thanks Mitch.

Will the 7" google 7" tablet work? I assume so
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng....l4=&veh=sem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back