Ambulance getting cut off by elderly SUV driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this yesterday after filling up at Sam's Club.
Ambulance rolling code-3, tries to pass on left elderly lady in SUV, but she turns left across a painted island and forces them into the left shoulder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UqEHQSSC74

After the lady entered the driveway the ambulance continued straight on the main road. Can't see it in the video, but there were a lot of hand gestures and mouthing from the ambulance driver and passenger.

Sad thing is I see this kinda stuff all the time.

Between drivers not paying attention and cars riding the right hand shoulder when a cop has pulled someone over.

With cell phones, texting, DVD players and great sound systems, automatic transmissions, climate control and tinted windows. driving can often get in the way during a commute.

More than likely that the ambulance crew radioed her plates and she had a nice talk with a couple of cops after they made her submit to a field sobriety test.
Wonder what they cited her for and how much it'll cost her?

Mistakes happen by folks and elderly don't always hear so well. My wife has a lot of hearing loss in one ear and cannot localize sounds for the life of her.

It happens that is why emergency drivers may have right of way they have to be defensive in driving as getting into an accident will only delay them.

There's no excuse for being oblivious when you are driving.

If you can't drive, don't.

Cell phone use and, for that matter, all other distracted driving should be an instant ticket.

Driving while stupid should also guarantee you a ticket.

Tailgating, camping in the fast lane, zigzaging through traffic, and other stupid driving should be instant ticket time.

They do this in Europe with hefty fines so why not here....

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
There's no excuse for being oblivious when you are driving.

If you can't drive, don't.

Cell phone use and, for that matter, all other distracted driving should be an instant ticket.

Driving while stupid should also guarantee you a ticket.

Tailgating, camping in the fast lane, zigzaging through traffic, and other stupid driving should be instant ticket time.

They do this in Europe with hefty fines so why not here....

Saved me from posting!!!

It seems that the van driver in front of you was a moron also, as he/she pulled out onto the road when it "seems" that the ambulance was in clear sight and sound.

Dash Cam question: do you have any rights regarding authorities confiscating your camera memory card? I.E., suppose you record something you don't want others to see?

I wonder if she didn't hear the ambulance, panicked when she saw it looming up in her rear view, and swung left to try and "get out of the way."

I've had close calls by people trying to be "helpful" and "get out of my way" before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back