Reapplying body part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any tips how to fix this? There's a slot cut in the door and a clip that snaps down in attached to the underside of that piece but it won't hold. I've tried to keep it down with body mount tape from 3M but it doesn't help. Should I remove the whole piece? I'm not sure how to do that. I imagine I could probably adjust the clip to make it snap into the slot but I don't know how to reattach the piece if I take it off.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk6pzf04bygvlsm/Photo Dec 23, 4 34 55 PM.jpg?dl=0

Oh man! I read the topic tread and thought this was going to be something exciting, like you cut something off your body and are trying to re-attach it yourself. Sorry.

I would use some clear silicone or glue and tape it down until it dries. After that go to a junk yard and rip apart one just to see how it works and then take the parts you need and the info gained and go at it on your body part.

You probably need to replace the trim clip.
Most parts stores have an assortment of these, under the "Help" trademark along with some others.
I'd avoid gluing the thing down as this can be messy.
If you must glue it, 3M weatherstrip adhesive works very well and achieves a good bond quickly.
You would just need to apply clamping force with your hand for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back