Write Your Own Movie Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The challenge is to write a short review of a movie, particularly a children's movie, which is universally regarded as GOOD and put a BAD SPIN on it. My choice was THE WIZARD OF OZ and the first review was mine. The second is by someone else who thought his was better. Not looking for approval, just sharing and I thought both were good:

The Wizard Of Oz: A dangerous dog, an appalling ignorance of dangerous weather conditions and a poorly constructed house all combine to generate a preposterous dream for an adolescent girl who easily gets her panties in a twist whenever she feels threatened. An evil witch, ugly flying monkeys, apple trees that act like baseball pitchers and a bellowing apparition of a gaseous being are sure to scare the beejeebers out of small children. Keep them away unless you're ready when they wake up screaming at night. For adults only.

GrtArtiste

Three inferior beings who can't get what they need on their own, led by a
deluded idealist, learn that you can't rely on authorities to help you and
the only way to avoid becoming a worthless drain on your betters is to get
it yourself, and to heck (this is a family site...remember?) with whoever gets in your way.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang; A movie basically about child abduction and imprisonment, all made palatable by a smile and a song.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang; A movie basically about child abduction and imprisonment, all made palatable by a smile and a song.
But, It has Benny Hill in it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back