$1/qt at autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sweating this inter net order...told my buddy after I found some at the store and he ended up getting 50 qts. His score will make mine pitiful if the brown truck doesn't show up. I would've bought it all if I hadn't done the internet order the night before. Ug

I am going to have to check on the M1 0w30 someone posted. My AZ had lots of the 0w40 PP for $1. The only deal that was useful to me was an oil change kit.

5qts of Castrol Edge (gold) 10w30
STP oil filter
Fram air filter
roll blue shop towels
oil funnel
oil drain pan
hand cleaner (tub)

all for $20. I bought both kits they had left. Looks like the Subaru will be changing from PP to Castrol.

I got two of these kits. One kit had 6qts in it. The Castrol must be older bottles. Four of the bottles have "new" label incorporated and the others have "with titanium" on them.

Last edited:
Today saw M1EP,PP,GTX blend,Valvoline full syn qts all for a buck
No jugs for $5 left
This AZ was stocked full with qts
I had to get some more for a Christmas gift to myself
The wife saw me carrying it to the garage and just shook her head
Oh well,the dog understands

scored 3 Castrol syn blend 10w30 (all they had left) in 5 qt jugs for $5 each plus at one store and another 10 qts 10 w30 for $1 each + 1 qt kendall 10w30 fo $1 at another plus the 36 qts kendall 10w30 I got online. my Yukon specs 5w30 normally but 10w30 is ok as well so I will run the Napa Synthetic I got earlier this year for about $2.20 qt in winter and the 10w30 blends in summer. Now I have to keep the truck longer.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Today saw M1EP,PP,GTX blend,Valvoline full syn qts all for a buck
No jugs for $5 left
This AZ was stocked full with qts
I had to get some more for a Christmas gift to myself
The wife saw me carrying it to the garage and just shook her head
Oh well,the dog understands

Maybe I need to drive a little north...LOL Good score!

Well, I had an interesting day of visiting 4 AZs in the Minneapolis area.

It is very hit/miss, and the specials are store-specific. Had conversations with 3 different store managers, and it was very cordial. In my 2nd store, I managed a 5 quart jug of Castrol and a 5 qt jug of Havoline for 5.00. It was at this store, that the manager asked me "are you one of those guys from BITOG"? He was laughing as apparently met someone this weekend, who schooled him on oil.

I guess this store actually oversold 54 quarts of Castrol, and has to figure out a plan for the customers who ordered for store pick up.

The 3rd store had nothing, and the 4th store I scored quarts of Kendall (not typically seen in Mpls). Also, ALL the stores are clearing out the Valvoline ATF fluids for 1.00. Thus, I have my Tahoe's spring tranny service accounted for.

Good luck. If you like Royal Purple, you may find some yet..

M1 EP 0/20 looks to be readily available.

Originally Posted By: icepickjazz
Nice score. I was able to get oil for $1/qt but really wanted to score the Mobil 1 ATF, but wasn't on sale around me, but the shelves were full of it at several stores around me. Also interesting that the M1 doesn't even show up on the AZ website now.

I'm just happy these cheap deals are in my area for a change. I have M1 ATF in my Explorer and it needs to be changed. Finding it for $1 was big surprise and perfect timing.

I went to another AZ after work today and picked up 6 jugs of M1 0W-30 AFE for $5 each.
All the oil I've picked up is dated in 2014 so its not old stuff.

Originally Posted By: 6starprez
Originally Posted By: icepickjazz
Nice score. I was able to get oil for $1/qt but really wanted to score the Mobil 1 ATF, but wasn't on sale around me, but the shelves were full of it at several stores around me. Also interesting that the M1 doesn't even show up on the AZ website now.

I'm just happy these cheap deals are in my area for a change. I have M1 ATF in my Explorer and it needs to be changed. Finding it for $1 was big surprise and perfect timing.

I went to another AZ after work today and picked up 6 jugs of M1 0W-30 AFE for $5 each.
All the oil I've picked up is dated in 2014 so its not old stuff.

Was the 0w30 priced regularly on the shelf?

Originally Posted By: mjk
It was at this store, that the manager asked me "are you one of those guys from BITOG"? He was laughing as apparently met someone this weekend, who schooled him on oil.

crackmeup2.gif

I know which store that was.......

That was me.......

They asked me where I heard about this and I clued them in. HA!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: stygz

No, it was priced just like the Pennzoil Platinum was in the picture I posted two pages back, $5.00

No, it was priced just like the Pennzoil Platinum was in the picture I posted two pages back, $5.00

Check the post by "Turk" on previous page

Check the post by "Turk" on previous page

Not for me. On the shelf and at the register was $5. Only thing I had to do was smile and swipe my card.

Late last night, the AZ near my job had a bunch of 5W20 Castrol Edge with titanium in the gold bottle. The code on the bottles begin with A12065. If I decoded that correctly, it's 2012 day 65 ( March 5). I didn't get any because I have a lot already and this stuff is coming up on 3 years old. It's only $1 and now I'm thinking about going back in a few minutes during lunch time. Would anybody have a problem with the date?

You will regret it if you don't get it. It's a buck. I had some regrets during this madness but finished strong. I can sleep well at night now haha

I went to my local Autozone this morning to buy a 23mm socket for transmission service on my vehicle.

They were sold out of:

Castrol Syn Blend 5w30 5qt jug - $5
Mobil 1 0w30 AFE 5qt jug - $5
Kendall 5w30 1qt - $1
Motorcraft 5w30 1qt - $1
Castrol Syn Blend 5w30 1qt - $1

They did have:
Valvoline Maxlife 10w40 5t jug - $10
Pennzoil 40W 1qt - $1
Kendall 10w30 1qt - $1
Motorcraft 10w30 1qt - $1
Castrol Syn Blend 10w30 1qt - $1

I bought 12 quarts of Kendall 10w30 which will be good for top offs on the older vehicles which use some oil.

You're right. I went back to get only 12 but pulled it from the back and most of the dates were mid-2013. Also grabbed all 10 quarts of Valvoline Synthetic CVT fluid for $1 too. Going to check another store to get some more to do two 9 quart drain-n-fills of the Subaru CVT fluid.

Stop the insanity! I checked another AZ on lunch and picked up 3 5 qt jugs of Edge 0w20. $5/each. The guy at the counter said, "Let me see if we have an oil change special with this." I said, "That's ok, they are five dollars each." Guy: "Maybe $5 off." Rang it up and almost vomited I think!
smile.gif
I would have got more, but I have enough oil to last me for quite some time.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
Stop the insanity! I checked another AZ on lunch and picked up 3 5 qt jugs of Edge 0w20. $5/each. The guy at the counter said, "Let me see if we have an oil change special with this." I said, "That's ok, they are five dollars each." Guy: "Maybe $5 off." Rang it up and almost vomited I think!
smile.gif
I would have got more, but I have enough oil to last me for quite some time.

I had my wife stop at az and the m1 0w30 rang up regular price.

Interesting. 0w30 was $5/5 qt jug by me. They also had Mobil Super Synthetic 5w20 for $1/qt. Maybe I should head back and pick some up...but I know I shouldnt.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back