What's everyone's AZ plan tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had more storage space, the 25qts I bought today took up the last empty area I have!

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
Not sure what is going on at AutoZone...

A computer glitch?
Is AZ needing money?
Selling dead inventory?
Are they overstocked because of the Carquest buyout...???

yes, selling inventory and getting different product in, according to 1 of the store managers I spoke to today.

How do you guys find these deals?? I don't see any. Why would they be selling below their cost??

Not working for AZ, but I'm guessing it's a regional thing. AZ has around 6k stores, moving that much inventory and taking that many markdowns at once is a logistics and paperwork (especially at the end of a fiscal year) nightmare, so they're probably doing it by region to ease the pain.

Retailers often sell discontinued product below cost to move it faster. Margins on oil are pretty thin to begin with. They need to get it out faster to have shelf and backroom space for the new stuff.

Some BITOGer is probably camping outside an AZ right now waiting for it to open.
36.gif

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
My plan is to spend my time doing something more profitable than shopping.

How un-american

I added about an hour to my errands to pick up 46 quarts of Mercon V.

I figure I saved $150 vs Supertech Mercon V (which is sometimes out of stock or low stock), and I won't have to spend time ever again to buy Mercon V.

That was quite a profitable use of my time.

I took all the m1 0w-30 jugs off the shelf last week. When they went to $5 yesterday, me and a co-worker bought them all. $4 a jug with emp discount, suckers!!

We did have an internet order come through last night for the castrol syn blend...

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
I checked 6 stores in the Houston area today and none of them had the specials--I was looking for M1EP and Castrol Edge. I scored 192 quarts online (Castrol SynBlend 5W-30 and 5W-20) yesterday (website shows order is processing--so fingers crossed).

192QTS?
Holy [censored], what will you do with so much oil?

Originally Posted By: Noobie
I checked 6 stores in the Houston area today and none of them had the specials--I was looking for M1EP and Castrol Edge. I scored 192 quarts online (Castrol SynBlend 5W-30 and 5W-20) yesterday (website shows order is processing--so fingers crossed).

192QTS?
Holy [censored], what will you do with so much oil?

I have 2 stashes--my personal one comprised of M1 and M1EP and my ROAK (Random Acts of Kindness) stash which I use to donate oil changes to military families and those not able to otherwise able to do so themselves. All of the AZ oil goes into that second stash. This bit will push me up to the 500 QTs donated to date. I am always happy to see these sales
11.gif

I have 2 stashes--my personal one comprised of M1 and M1EP and my ROAK (Random Acts of Kindness) stash which I use to donate oil changes to military families and those not able to otherwise able to do so themselves. All of the AZ oil goes into that second stash. This bit will push me up to the 500 QTs donated to date. I am always happy to see these sales
11.gif

Thank you for being so generous to people in needed.

May you prosper in the new year so you will continue be nice to others.

I must go to AZ tomorrow. I was just at oreilly and napa on Saturday. The only 'deal' i saw was PP for 5.29 @ napa. I hope there is still some good stock left.

On a side note, its crazy how much a napa gold filter is for my 13 explorer. $16. I could get a wix for half that price.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SLATRON
I put this in the other thread but I figured I'd put it here too. I got 30 quarts of Mobil 1 EP for $1 qt from 1 store earlier, drove to another store 5 miles away and they have nothing else on sale other than the GTX blend and it's sold out

Dudes.........

Remember........

Bring your Receipt from the store you got the score to the store without the deals.....

They'll price match the deals. They did for me & I have the receipt for proof!!
thumbsup2.gif

11.gif

thumbsup2.gif
!!!!!!

You know what? I'll be donating a bunch of mine as well. The families or charity will come to me in time & I'll be ready.

Thanks for posting; maybe more of us can donate/help someone in need as well.
smile.gif

I'll stop by the AZ nearest my house and see if they have any dexos1 5W-30 oils on clearance. If I could grab 5 or even 10 quarts, and keep 'em to use after my CPO oil changes are over in May of next year, that would be a good jump on the car's maintenance.

Got 2 quarts castrol 0w30 and 30 quarts Autozone syn 5w30 for a buck a quart. Left a lot of 5w30 and 10w30 autozone syn behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back