JUST BOUGHT A 2015 FORD ESCAPE S AND LOVE IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Castrol GTX Synthetic blend does meet the ford specs and have heard nothing wrong with it. You will be fine anything that meets the spec. Why do the your dealership highly recommend synthetic blend? It's just an easy across the board scribed recommendation. Consider the fact also that there is no Motorcraft 5w20 conventional oil. So that maybe a reason that they would make such recommendation. So if a conventional oil that meets the Ford specs, is it just as good as there synthetic blend? If you do not feel comfortable with going with a conventional, I recommend to go to Wal-mart and buy Pennzoil Platinum 5 qt. bottle. You will get a full synthetic at a good price. However, since your engine doesn't have a turbo or direct injection, you will be fine using the Pennzoil Conventional. They cannot void your warrenty for using it.

Hello again LugNut! Although we cannot comment on the Castrol product, we can say that our Pennzoil Gold Synthetic Blend motor oil has historically been available at Walmart stores (labeled as “Gold Synthetic Blend,” or “Semi Synthetic”). However, if you are still unable to find Pennzoil Gold Semi Synthetic, perhaps another option would be for you to use a full synthetic motor oil that meets the WSS-M2C945 specification – for example, Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 Full Synthetic motor oil with PurePlus Technology. - The Pennzoil Team

Congrats! I love the way the new Escapes look. I'd just go with the motorcraft synthetic blend 5w20...it's a solid oil and reasonably priced. You can get it everywhere as well.

Nice car! I have a 2014 SE with the 1.6 Ecoboost. Used Mobil 1 0W20 since 1500 miles and the car runs great. I'll see about cold starts tomorrow morning (forecast to be about 0 F tomorrow morning!)

Full synthetic is only about $7-8 more than conventional and only $5-6 more than semi-syn for 5-qt jug. If you change oil twice a year and if sump capacity is 5 quarts then full synthetic will cost you an extra $15-20 a year, or about 35-40 pennies a week.

What can you buy for 40 pennies ? Not even a regular cup of coffee at Starbuck.

If I was you I would use full synthetic and follow OLM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back