Another Castrol surprise - Import MV ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PDS for Castrol's Import Multi Vehicle ATF says it is Ford approved for Mercon V.

It is not the same fluid with a different name. The PDS specs as well as the MSDS shows it is different to the Mercon V. In fact, from the PDS, it looks better.

I've read the expert opinion being generally against multi vehicle fluids. But we're seeing more of these multi vehicle fluids with approvals.

So which one is better for a Mercon V application? Just a Mercon V product or a multi vehicle product such as Castrol or M1?

I think you misunderstood the PDS. Castrol says: OEM approved and licensed by Ford MERCON® LV, which differs from MERCON® V.

Nope.

In this PDS:

http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/064FD5179C8D0FFD80257AA90053687A/$File/Castrol%20Transmax%20Import%20MV%20_03521_.pdf

Quote:
Castrol Transmax™ Import Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)

MERCON® V approved and licensed by Ford Motor Company

Last I knew it was too thick to meet the Mercon V specs. Seems odd. I am currently using it in a Mercon V application with no issues but I would not call it a Mercon V fluid.

Careful badtlc, your statement that it's too thick will lead you to be accused of blowing this way out of proportion, complicating simplicity and not enjoying Xmas.

Where did you read that? I haven't seen any experts say that.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
I've read the expert opinion being generally against multi vehicle fluids. But we're seeing more of these multi vehicle fluids with approvals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back