180k mile Clean engine pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/donnyj08/media/IMAG0989_zps70a1d2ba.jpg.html

Here is a picture of the valley of a ford 3.0l taurus. I did a head gasket job on this car. It was a 1 owner. and older couple owned this car. it has 182k miles on it. The gentleman said he changed the oil every 5k miles with motorcraft 5w20 and an fl400s. Sorry i forgot to take pictures of the heads before i sent them off to the machine shop. Motorcraft does and Awesome Job!

The Cylinders still had the hone marks visible and i compression checked the engine after the head job. The lowest Cylinder was 149psi. incredible really! Motorcraft is as good as everyone here used to think!

Mildly, conservatively driven, would you expect a lesser result from any other engine? Its Engine/climate/driving style/filter/oil in that order. I cant see the pics.

Clean? I see a lifter valley loaded with varnish. But thanks for the picture; that tells me that Motorcraft is not suited for 5K.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
..The cylinders still had the hone marks visible..

Nice!

What failure(s) encountered during your forensic examination prompted/necessitated head gasket replacement?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Clean? I see a lifter valley loaded with varnish. But thanks for the picture; that tells me that Motorcraft is not suited for 5K.

Loaded with varnish?

Do tell. Exactly what harm is that very minor layer of varnish doing.
Your posts get more absurd by the day.
No sludge,no deposits,just a light layer of varnish at 180k miles.
And you think the oil has failed.
HILLARIOUS.

Here is a picture of the valley of a ford 3.0l taurus. I did a head gasket job on this car. It was a 1 owner. and older couple owned this car. it has 182k miles on it. The gentleman said he changed the oil every 5k miles with motorcraft 5w20 and an fl400s. Sorry i forgot to take pictures of the heads before i sent them off to the machine shop. Motorcraft does and Awesome Job!

The Cylinders still had the hone marks visible and i compression checked the engine after the head job. The lowest Cylinder was 149psi. incredible really! Motorcraft is as good as everyone here used to think!

Please try and put the images inline such that one does not need to click a link to get to them. I know they cannot be hosted on this website, but there are ways to do it.

Hahahahaha, light varnish? The darker portion is a pool of oil down the center. It's far from "loaded".

+1

It borders on humorous except there are people on here that might take it to heart.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Loaded with varnish?

Do tell. Exactly what harm is that very minor layer of varnish doing.
Your posts get more absurd by the day.
No sludge,no deposits,just a light layer of varnish at 180k miles.
And you think the oil has failed.
HILLARIOUS.

Originally Posted By: Donald

Please try and put the images inline such that one does not need to click a link to get to them. I know they cannot be hosted on this website, but there are ways to do it.

My bad....

Looks fair for 180K, but better results can be had and twice the OCI from other oils. I have seen the same engine with 190K on it torn down because water hydrauliced the engine and broke a rod. I also noticed your QS and Castrol stash.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Exactly what harm is that very minor layer of varnish doing?

Nothing at all .... as long as it's not in my engine!
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
Looks fair for 180K, but better results can be had and twice the OCI from other oils.

Won't you share the name of this wonderful alternative with us?

Originally Posted By: aa1986
Looks fair for 180K, but better results can be had and twice the OCI from other oils.

Hehehe.

Hahahahaha, light varnish? The darker portion is a pool of oil down the center. It's far from "loaded".

Sadly I've had to put ole merk on my troll list.
Everything is the same absurd carp over and over again.
If he was even remotely close to adding something of value I'd be interested however it's to the point I've read enough.
Hopefully those who read his posts understand that they are truly no applicable and no weigh should be them given.
It's sad that a grown man chooses to post as he does. It's almost childish. I absolutely believe before he hits the submit button he thinks to himself as to what responses his posts will get,and I'll bet he even giggles a bit.
So merk. You win.
Ignored

Originally Posted By: aa1986

Any quality synthetic will keep your engine very clean, even at 10K OCIs. It happens to be that I only use M1 oils, and all of my engines have stayed very clean, including varnish, for the last 36 years.

Last edited:
I call [censored] on synthetics keeping engines 'clean'. It has more to do with the alloy and operating conditions than the oil. Just about every high mile Honda engine I've taken apart that has had cheap oil in it it's whole life has been very clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back