2015 Impala vs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
I compare cars by how much it's going to cost me, and whether or not i would like to own one. If you want to read a comparison of every car in each and every class then go buy a car magazine.

So in other words you have zero requirements for volume, capability, functionality, amenities, drivetrain, etc.? Its just what you covet in terms of cars that you might buy?

Nothing wrong with that if youre looking at personal cars that YOU like... Its just slightly different from how most folks shop cars. Thus the questions and comments...

You have to look at everything as a whole. What I do is set a price and then see what that money gets you, in terms of drivetrain/tech/dimensions. The rest like color and looks is all personal preference.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Get a Accord EX-L four cylinder with nav. Will be around $29k out the door and will last you many trouble free years. (and they look good)

No. lol

You can get many trouble-free years out of anything with proper care and maintenance. I'm not impressed by the latest consumer reviews of recent Hondas, either.

Last edited:
The front of the Impala and the back of the Impala look nice.

They don't, however, belong together. It looks like one design team made the front, another the rear ... and they never collaborated on it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Definitely the Audi Quattro for that money. The Impala seems overpriced and in someways dated to me.
For my money 28-29K would make the Impala more interesting but not 37K.

Chevy always offers $ off MSRP. The foreign brands may have a lease offer or 1k cash back but nothing drastic like the 20% off offer Chevy has going for 2014 models. It's all about waiting until the right time when the right car is on the lot.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
The front of the Impala and the back of the Impala look nice.

They don't, however, belong together. It looks like one design team made the front, another the rear ... and they never collaborated on it.

The rear looks like a Hyundai. In person it's not bad.

You might want to compare insurance premiums for the cars as well. I bet there is going to be a huge difference between them.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
You might want to compare insurance premiums for the cars as well. I bet there is going to be a huge difference between them.

Very true.

If in a year or so Audi can prove that the oil issue is fixed, I'd probably spring for that. The black A4 is so nice looking, and the fact that it has a 6 speed manual option makes it even better.

BMW: totally overpriced ( if equipped half decently) , and if stripped still costs a lot and you're sitting on plastic. I love Bimmers but when I last tried pricing one at the dealer, I wound up buying a Mazdaspeed 3 instead. That got me what wanted: dipstick, spare tire and jack, manual transmission , no sunroof , all at 14k less.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
BMW: totally overpriced ( if equipped half decently) , and if stripped still costs a lot and you're sitting on plastic. I love Bimmers but when I last tried pricing one at the dealer, I wound up buying a Mazdaspeed 3 instead. That got me what wanted: dipstick, spare tire and jack, manual transmission , no sunroof , all at 14k less.

Speed3 is a nice car!

Keep in mind that some of the brands might have money on the hood and be willing to wheel/deal a bit on price.

Although, for my money I'd be taking a hard look at that Audi. I've been in a few Quattro cars. They're darn good inclement-weather cars. Some snows on it would make for a very capable all-weather commuter/family car. Being able to have AWD and a manual is nice.

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I'll take a Charger or Challenger HEMI 5.7 0r 6.4 over any of these choices!

Can you get one with AWD? How much are they new? Last time I checked those cars had interiors that looked like something from a Dodge Ram W/T.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Keep in mind that some of the brands might have money on the hood and be willing to wheel/deal a bit on price.

Although, for my money I'd be taking a hard look at that Audi. I've been in a few Quattro cars. They're darn good inclement-weather cars. Some snows on it would make for a very capable all-weather commuter/family car. Being able to have AWD and a manual is nice.

I've driven one on snow tires to a ski resort and it was excellent. Very roomy front and back, and comfortable.

I'm comparing new cars by price.

Since that's your main qualification, you could always save 7-10k and get a Subaru Legacy 3.6R.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato

Since that's your main qualification, you could always save 7-10k and get a Subaru Legacy 3.6R.

The CVT sucks. Not my cup of tea.

I think 14 was the last real auto in the 3.6. I agree the slide and drive tranny is a major deal breaker. Subaru really dropped the ball adopting that trash.

Subaru's CVTs are some of the more tolerable ones, in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: dparm

Subaru's CVTs are some of the more tolerable ones, in my opinion.

I agree but I'd still never buy one.

AWD is nice for the snow.

Look at a Hyundai Genesis the newest ones really surprised me I used to make fun of them. If you like the Impala which is pretty boaty compared to the others you will like a big Hyundai. They start at $38k but depreciate like crazy so you should be able to get a pretty loaded 1 year old one well within your budget, maybe even the 400hp V8.

The engine is also mounted the proper way and drives the back wheels, they also have fake Bentley logo's so you can troll Bentley's.

The only sub $40k BMW your going to get is the base 3 series with the 4 banger and I can assure you it will suck.

Last edited:
That list is all over the place. The first 3 are somewhat related, and in the same class. The 2 Chevys don't belong in that list. I keep hearing that the Impala is such a great car, but I still don't see any of them on the road? Do you want a small, sporty sedan; large grandpa mobile (highway cruiser); or muscle car? Answer those questions first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back